Thursday 30 July 2009

Review: Meant to Be by Donna Marie Rogers


Meant to Be by Donna Marie Rogers

Genre: Romance
Published: July 17th 2009
Where: Amazon, B&N, the Wild Rose press; print/e-book
Pages: 220

OFFICER GARRETT JAMISON is at the lowest point of his life. He believes a cop’s greatest asset is his instinct and feels he lost his the night he got shot and his precious nephew kidnapped right out of his own bed. So he takes a leave from the force while he considers whether he wants to remain a police officer, or start looking into another career. If only his infuriating—and gorgeous—neighbor would keep her pesky cat from howling outside his window at all hours of the night...

JESSICA MCGOVERN struggles back from the brink of depression after the death of her young son. She packs up her old pickup truck, her mammoth gray-and-white tabby, Mr Louie, and moves halfway across the country for a fresh start in Wisconsin where she’s rented her uncle’s house. As it turns out, Midwesterners are just as friendly as she’s always heard they were. Too bad her cranky new neighbor is the exception to the rule...


Aww, yes that is how it made me feel. It was great from the start and then it just got better and better. At one time I had to stop reading, because sleep is important. But yes I sure wished I had an e-reader so I could have read during my lunch break.

There's only been You is the "first" book, but it' no series so you can read this book first. Sure you learn some things in it, but even without having read book 1 I could still see the big picture, and it's even mentioned in the blurb. The little details she doesn't mention. I will still be surprised to see what goes on in that book. Garrett's sister had the lead in that one. And this is a stand alone novel about Garret and Jessica. But I am glad I have book 1 because I want to read more of her, but will wait a while and perhaps some things and names will slip my mind.

Garret is unsure about his police career after being shot and his nephew being kidnapped. Jessica is running from a tragedy in her past and dark memories. When they first meet sparks fly, but not in a good way. They dislike each other, but still there is something that pushes them together.

For all you alpha male loving gals out there, here they are. That must sure be a good looking family. Garrett, his brother Nick (who I would love to learn more about), and his uncle Luke. Who gets his own little side story of love in this book and that is so sweet.

I fell for both at once, Garrett, who even if he says the wrong things still is so lovable and it just oozes out of him, it makes me go awww. Jessica is a bit broken, and I only wish the best for her. A bug strong guy who can pick her up and man it better. Make her learn to trust again and fall in love.

I know it was a romance, but I didn't see the suspense coming. It picks up and I will not mention cos of what, but it gets dangerous. That had me sitting at the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen. It just got bigger and bigger and the suspense was killing me. Not to mention the romance part, they were stupid both at times, but then again aren't we all.

The romance part was great, and since I loved them from the start I was rooting for a big old HEA. Then some dark clouds from both their pasts showed up. And that sure picked up an already good story.

Negative parts, I can't really think of anything. Other than I would sure have loved it even more if it had been a real book I could hold, lol, then I could have read the whole thing at once ;). But it's out in print too so no worries. So really nothing to complain about when it comes to this book. It was sweet, romantic, hot, sexy alpha males, suspense, and a great story. It made me jump at the other book at once, and it left me in a happy satisfied mood.


received a copy for a review

23 comments:

  1. Great review! Now I just need to find the book : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    Were you looking for the e-book or the print? I have forgotten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this one sounds really good. If sleep is the only thing that kept you from reading..and some yummy alphas...oh yes:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, thank you so much for your wonderful review of MEANT TO BE! I can't tell you how much it means to me! I hope you enjoy There's Only Been You just as much. I do plan to write Nick's story (his heroine will be Jessica's sister), but it's in the plotting stages until I finish Jack Sutton's story.

    For anyone here who is interested in reading both books, I have a deal for you. Buy Meant To Be in either e-book or print, and I'll send you the pdf of There's Only Been You as my gift to you. :-)

    My email address is paulck1225@aol.com

    Simply send me your e-receipt, and I'll send you the pdf of There's Only Been You. If you buy Meant To Be in print, I'll be happy to send you a signed book plate along with some other little goodies as well. :-)

    http://tinyurl.com/MeantToBe2009
    http://tinyurl.com/MTB-Amazon
    http://tinyurl.com/MTB-BarnesNoble

    Linda, thank you again for your amazing review, I'm so glad you enjoyed Meant To Be and look forward to hearing what you think of There's Only Been You. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. B!!!

    Wonderful review!! After reading the synopsis at your blog a few days ago I couldn't wait and downloaded it. Now I cannot way to read it.

    WOOT, I'm so excited. Thanks for the heads-up and for sharing your thoughts.

    Best
    L

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted this one after seeing it in your Monday Mailbox, thanks for a great review, will have to check out Donna Marie's generous offer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Blodeuedd... I agree... If sleep is the only thing that kept you from reading, I am heading over to getting it right now!!!! I am lovin books that make me goooo awwww and hot alphas- what is a girl to say to that!!! And not one... not two... but three... damn!!!!
    What a wonderful review you did!!
    And what a treat Ms. Rogers is offering!!!
    Thank you for the heads up of a very lovely book(s)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can it get any better than sweet, romantic, hot, sexy alpha males..yummy!! Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just left Wild Rose Press and bought it... YAYAYAY for me!! Blodeuedd you do such a wonderful job at making me buy books.. is this your form of payback for making you like mine, lmao!!!!
    Thank you honey!!! It really sounds like two great books!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a generous offer from the author, and thanks for the great review.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mandi,
    I do need sleep, and since I had only 2 days left at work, well not so good to yawn ;)

    Thanks for stopping by Donna, and with that generous offer.
    I was actually thinking that I wanted more Jack when I read, I suspected that Nick would get a story but I didn't sure know Jack Would. Lovely news.

    Lea,
    Yay, I know great blurb. I sure hope you'll love it, you will know when the good part comes and you can't stop reading

    ReplyDelete
  12. Teddyree,
    I am sure glad I have one more to read. It was a nice story and sweet, and it grabbed my attention.

    Cecile,
    You got it! Oh my, great news, I hope you'll enjoy it.
    Hehe yes payback time, cos after hearing you rave about Lucien I had to get the first Showalter book, and got it yesterday. I am super thrilled.
    I can't wait to hear your thoughts.
    Alphas promised, I hope you like one enough to say he is sex on a stick ;)


    Staci,
    It so was, so happy i got to read it.

    Anna,
    It sure was, she is so sweet. And such a good book

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you liked this one so much. I love a book that keeps me from sleeping. I had one like that this week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for this Blodeuedd...

    I have a WRP voucher i might just looked into this two for one deal...

    Loving the review...

    E.H>

    ReplyDelete
  15. You all are very sweet! I hope whoever decides to give my books a try enjoys them. :-)

    Linda, thanks again for that wonderful review. Can't wait to hear what you think of There's Only Been You.

    ~Donna Marie Rogers

    ReplyDelete
  16. This one sounds really good :).

    I nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger award! Here's the link if you'd like to play along!

    http://romancebookwyrm.blogspot.com/2009/07/kreative-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Blodeuedd!

    Excellent review, so sweet, I got a happy feeling just reading about it.

    I'll go look for the book, maybe I'll find in print. I'm lovin' those alpha males!

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dar,
    Ohhh really, you had, yes those are just lovely. Even if they make so soo sleepy the net day but it's worth it. But I can resist now on weekdays...barely.

    Thanks EH,
    Such a sweet read, that sure had a bit of everything for you.

    Thanks for stopping by Donna Marie, and I will sure let you know. But must try to resist and finish some library books again. The pile just keep piling up ;)

    Thank you Amy!!
    That was a fun one. You're so sweet.

    Hi Dottie,
    I sure got a happy feeling reading it, it was just heartwarming and heartwrenching at times too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I will let you know as soon as I have read them Blodeuedd!!! I downloaded them the other night when I bought them. I can not wait to read them!!!
    I figured this was your form of payback, lmao!!! And I can NOT wait to see what you think of My Lords!!!!
    Just a warning... they are extermely hot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry about Mr Linky Blodeuedd, I gave up on Mr Linky because of the problems. Besides I prefer the comments because then all the Royal girls get an email and can check out your review! Great review by the way, might have to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aha so poor Mr Linky is gone, well maybe for the best. He sure was a lot of trouble.

    This was such a nice and sweet read, and I loved the suspense in it. So worth reading

    ReplyDelete
  22. This book sounds great!
    A book that keeps you from sleeping is a must read. *smile*.

    I now adding this one to my goodreads to-read list. Hmmm... the second one from you added today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ibeeg,
    Lol, I know about that. Some days you just come a cross of bunch of interesting books :D
    This one was great and made me wanna continue reading all night long

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP