Thursday 23 July 2009

Seventh heaven by Cate Masters

Seventh Heaven by Kate Masters

Published 2009
35 pages
Romance

Lilah owns the New Hope Record and Crafts Shop with her friend, Val. Selling their handmade jewelry and pottery to tourists in their Delaware River town keeps them independent and free spirited. Lilah’s only hangup is James, who bartends down the street. She’s crazy about him, but lately he’s been cold and distant. Turns out he has reason to be down--he’s had his ticket punched for Vietnam. When Lilah makes him a lucky leather-string choker using a silver ankh--the Egyptian symbol of eternity--James is skeptical, but begins to warm to her again. Can Lilah show him that her love is all the luck he needs?
(author's site)


Well this was really a short one, how to write a review. It's gonna be short.

Lilah was a sweet girl, James a bit mysterious. She has been into him for a while and she wants him to look at her the way he did once. But there is a reason, he is sipping out to Vietnam. We get to meet them before and after.

It was a short and sweet read. With likeable characters, and some glimpses at some nice side characters.

It made me go awww, and then ooo, and then I was sad. How I managed to get sad in such a short read, well I did. My heart ached there for some seconds. But then I did smile again. She sure made me go through a lot of emotions in a short period of time. That is good work

Thanks Kimber for sending me this one :)



10 comments:

  1. Thirty-five pages? Really? It does sound like a sweet story.

    cjh

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to get good emotions boiling in a short work like this. I'm adding to my list! I love a good short story. It's nice to have something quick once in awhile and this one sounds promising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cj,
    Yup 35, it sure went by fast. But it was a nice little story.

    Hi Amy,
    And I who thought that 200 pages was quick before, lol. But in the end I prefer those cos I liked to watch a lot of things happen. But this was short and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sound like a nice sweet short read B. :)

    Appreciate you sharing!

    Best to you
    L

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lea,
    When I think of it I have must have read shorter. I have read some in anthologies. But I always think of those as a whole book since there are so many lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a great short story, thank you for posting a review!
    Big Hugs, Bethxx
    ps, Thanks for all the great comments you have left on my blog!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very short book, but this sounds really nice good. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scattie,
    Of course, I just love what you are doing. They look so pretty.

    Yvonne,
    Short was good cos I can't seem to be finishing a real book at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Blodeuedd!

    New author for me, I'll check it out. It sure does sound good especially when a short evolves so many emotions.

    Thanks for the great review!

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dottie,
    A short read is sure great sometimes, and this one was very short. There is an intense moment at the end, that I can say

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP