Friday 10 July 2009

Selling forever by Kimber Chin


Selling Forever by Kimber Chin


Publisher: Champagne Books
Published: July 2009
Pages: 82
Romance

Can Cara close the deal on love?


The Best Sales Plans…
Real estate agent Cara Jones needs a celebrity handyman for her charity auction. Reclusive billionaire Richard Thompson is the perfect choice. All she has to do is find his trigger and trip it, without becoming emotionally attached.


…Sometimes Go Awry
Richard wishes to be valued for himself, not simply for his money. He certainly isn’t going to fall in love with a pushy, pie baking saleswoman, no matter how sweet she tastes.


This was such a sweet short story, Kimber Chin wrote it especially for her mum, and the book was a bit different from Invisible. But I sure like both sides.


It's the story about Cara who is a saleswoman, and she has big plans and wants to help her assistant and her family. That would be made easier if she could get a great guy for a charity auction. she has her eye on Richard, a computer millionaire who wants to stay out of the public eye. I am sure you can see where this is headed.


This is my first review for a short story, it feels weird, but then again, what is different. Ok, not as much things happen but there is still the story there.



I like Cara, she knows what she wants, and she is great at it. She doesn't mind being in the public eye and she is sweet and wants to help everyone. I am really fond of her at once.


Richard is the opposite of her, but I like him at once too. He seems so sweet and when he meets her for the first time, aww. They are so meant to be.


Talk. That was it. He’d cross the threshold and talk about the handyman auction. No saying yes and no buying a house. Kissing, fine, he’d kiss her, nothing more. That was final.


No how can you say not to that. How I liked those two when they met. But they are from different worlds, everyone wants to talk to her, and he doesn't want to talk to anyone, well except for her. So I finished the story quickly to see how their two worlds possibly could meet, and if you want to know then you just have to find out for yourself.

gift from the author, no obligation to review
.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Blodeuedd!! I love her as well!! Did you read her free short story on her site about Caja... Hagan's sister from Invisible? It is really short, like 12 pages I think... but so good!!!
    Thanks for a great review on a short story. I know what you mean by reviewing short... Can't include to much or else you give away most of the story! But you did it very well!!!
    I hope you are having a great day... Oh and don't forget to check out Lyon's review on my site... I have a giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound like a sweet story. Thanks for the review!

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't say I read many short stories. I worry that they won't draw me in enough as the story is so short.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds sweet, I don't know why but something about the cover just calls to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cecile,
    I just saw that yesterday when I went by her site to borrow that blurb :) I must go back and read it.
    So hard, say too much and there is the whole story. very tricky to review, but now when my "first" time is over it will feel easier.
    Must come by at once, I have been at my parents since yesterday, it's no interner land, lol.

    Anna,
    It was nice with a sweet story, they make you feel all good.

    Scrap girl,
    I am the same, I am not for short stories since i have that fear. I like depth. But this one worked really well

    Teddyree,
    Hm, I think it's all that green that draws me in, and those half hidden cupcakes, yummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Blodeuedd!

    Great review, I really enjoyed it!

    Such a sweet short story. I used to hate shorts because they did last long enough for me to get to know the characters, but either they've changed or I have. I love them now and read anthologies all the time.

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Girl..

    I really love her as well.. she makes it feels so easy..

    And she does make the flow of her books pretty nice to follow..

    I will get this one....

    E.H>

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dottie,
    Getting very late here, but hey Saturday :)I hope you're having a good one.
    It was so sweet, and yes I don't like shorts either cos I want to know everything. But here it worked, I didn't need to know every single detail. I have slowly changed too, I thinks it's cos of some short fantasy ones I started reading some years back.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP