Sunday 14 February 2010

Review: Flawless - Kimber Chin

Flawless by Kimber Chin

Genre: Contemporary suspense romance
Pages: 222
Published: February 2010

Is love worth killing for?

Grace Williams has a list of things she wants to do before she dies: walk a tightrope, dye her hair purple, skinny dip in the ocean, kiss the scarred stranger sent to kill her…

Yeah, Tavos Santos is a killer but f— it if he’s going to be Grace’s killer. There are other relationships he’d rather have with the gloved beauty. None of them requiring knives.

It takes a killer to catch a killer. Now Tavos must decide… Is love worth killing for?


Meant to post this earlier, but hectic week, and then an early night so I could get up at 5 AM on Saturday. But here we are, at the end of the week, and I bring Flawless.

I usually say this every time, and I have to say it yet again. This is my fav Kimber Chin so far. I guess she does get better and better.

This story is about Tavos Santos, who sure need a bit of media training, and this Grace can give him. of course that is not the whole story. Grace is hiding because someone wants to kill her, and Tavos is not a stranger around death.

Tavos does say a certain word too much, but this he knows, and that is the point. What a potty mouth on that guy *shakes head*. Still I am drawn to him, he has this magnetic personality, raw. And I fall for him, hard. He is beyond alpha male.

Grace is sweet and totally weird. But then she is counting the hours she has left and she wants it live. I can respect that, and I love the way he falls for her.

Oh oh, gotta give you some quotes:
“Until he’s dead, I can’t ever live, can’t ever love.” A lover, a friend, even a pet, it was too risky. He would destroy anything she cared for. “What’s life without love?”

With that in the prologue the tone was set and I could not wait to see what happened.

This was a nice love story, she fell for him, and he thought she was too good for him. Btw loved the end, very sweet, the epilogue was my fav part I think. There is also the suspense element, and it does get pretty intense there for a moment.

There is also a bunch of people from previous books and stories that we get to meet again. I always enjoy that.

Ok love him, sighs, he was so grrr, Grace was such a loony sweetheart. I enjoyed reading about Marie and Carlos. It has the love, passion, and the suspense. I do think Kimber Chin has done it again, with creating this lovely novel.


Blodeuedd's Cover Corner: Very lovely, I read that the couple in the back is Marie and Carlos who has a thing going on in this book. I like the blue
Reason for Reading: The author sent this to me.
Final thoughts: Do you wanna see how many times f##k is used in a book, read this one ;)


HAPPY VALENTINE*S DAY 


23 comments:

  1. Wow...now this sounds like a very interesting story...to fall in love with your killer. Hum, I'll have to read this one. I'd love to see how the author twist that around to happen.

    Thanks for sharing this honey!
    Hugs
    Hawk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review - I have something by Kimber Chin on my kindle, I'm going to have to read it soon; I've heard good things about this author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Review B!

    I enjoy romantic suspense and haven't read this author, I will add to my list. :)

    The heroine sounds quite unique

    Thanks for sharing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review! I love Ms Chin's work :)

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Blodeuedd, this sounds like such a sweeping romance read and tavos, can I have him to go??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hawk,
    I can't tell you anything, but well you would just have to read it and see what really happened ;) Grace is a weird one.

    Patti,
    What do you got? Happy reading to you :)

    Lea
    Oh she was, but if is she has TSTL moment it didn't matter cos she wanted to live and by that she did some foolish things.

    Host
    happy V day!! :D

    Leontine
    Hehe, try to steal him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice review! Sounds like a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay you knew I would be here... I have my review coming up for Flawless too... Soon....

    And all I can say - is this woman is freaking amazing!!! This story was awesome!!!!!!!!


    Happy Valentine's Day Blodeuedd!!! Hope Cuddle Boyfriend has something special for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fitting to review a romance novel today! I haven't even heard of this author. Don't know if the plot is really my style, but hilarious about the f##k comment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Obviously I need to pull out the Kimber Chin I have in the depths of my reader!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can totally get into a man that is beyond Alpha male!! Is the f-bomb used more than 75 times???

    Fun review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoy stories where you get to meet up with past characters. Nice review, glad see you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL on your "final thoughts." I gotta read a Kimber Chin, might read the best first :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds very intense! Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds truly lovely, loved the quote.
    I hope you had a brilliant Valentine's Day.
    Warm regards,
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yvonne,
    It's a nice book :)

    Cecile
    Happy V Day :D
    Oh yes bf was bad, bad I tell you. He gave me white chocolate, he knows I go totally crazy over white chocolate, though doubt he was complaining, lol.

    Aarti,
    I didn't even think about it, perhaps my subconscious did, well if so, then good work

    Chris,
    In the depths of your e-reader, hope it is not getting lost there among slouching guy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Staci
    Oh yes, I wish someone would count that times it is used, and I thought I swore a lot.

    Donna
    I do like that too, especially here since it was an old couple.

    Teddyree
    Well it is true ;)

    DC
    It sure was.

    Hi Simone,
    I had, thank you :D
    That quote was lovely, wasn't it,

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like I need to read something by Kimber Chin. I hadn't heard of her before.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Carol,
    Take a look at her site :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. "he was so grrr"

    I love that :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Not read this, but as you speak so highly of the author, I am well intrigued - especially meeting people from previous books, I love that, but would have to start from the beginning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sassy,
    The beginning is always nice.
    I do like seeing people from other books, in a series that is obvious but with these kinds of books it makes the world real

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP