Sunday 21 February 2010

Review: Vampire Romance 2 Love Bites

The mammoth book of Vampire Romance 2: Love Bites 
edited by Trisha Telep

Genre: Paranormal romance
Pages: 512
Published: 2009

This exciting follow-up to the wildly successful Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance contains sveral short stories of hot blood, midnight pleasures, and inhuman passions. Containing the best names in the field, such as Eileen Wilks, Caitlin Kittredge, Jennifer Ashley, Dawn Cook, and Diane Whiteside, this compilation is sure to arouse attention.


1. Jordan Summers - "Paris After Dark" - I can't remember, did i enjoy this, or was I just bored by it?

2. Deborah Cooke - "Coven of Mercy" - I was a bit bored at first but the the tone changed and it became interesting.

3. Karen MacInerney - "Le Cirque de la Nuit" Nah, wasn't that into it.

4. Caitlin Kittredge - "Perdition" Not for me either.

5. Dina James - "Deliver Us From Evil" - Ok

6. Camille Bacon-Smith - "Blood and Thyme" - Nah.

7. Rosemary Laurey - "Into the Mist For Ever" - Liked it. A Roman soldier in England falls for a mysterious woman.

8. Patti O'shea - "Blood Feud" - Ok

9. Angie Fox - "Love Bites" Haha, good one! A vampire princess wants out of the castle and participates in a dating show.

10. Caitlin R Kiernan -"Flotsam"Strange story, but she is a good writer. A vampire sleeping at the bottom of the ocean comes up to feed.

11. Jamie Leigh Hansen - "The Murder King's Woman" - This one was good. A vampire is held hostage and the girl he rescued who is now a woman saves his life.

12. Carole Nelson Douglas - "Butterfly Kiss" -- This one had promise.

13. Diane Whiteside - "Crimson Kisses"A woman has a lover but her father refuses to let her marry. I liked this one.

14. Jaye Wells -"Vampsploitation" -- Can't remember anything.

 15. Stacia Kane - "Trust Me" - A woman falls for a guy she thinks is Jack the Ripper, it was steamy too.

16. Jennifer Ashley - "The Scotsman and the Vamp" -- Cute, and a bit funny.

17. Justine Musk - "I need More You" - Didn't get it.

 18. Jennifer St Giles -"Point of No Return" - This one I liked, a woman who falls for a statue and the vampire watching in the shadows.

19. Dawn Cook (aka Kim Harrison) - "With Friends Like These" - Ok.

20. Nancy Holder - "Blood Gothic" reprinted story - Freaky story, I liked it.A woman wants a vampire lover, but does she get one?

21. Larissa Ione - "Eternity Embraced" - a Demonica short - Ok.

22. Jeanne C Stein - "The Ghost of Leadville" - Another western about Doc Holliday, no didn't care this time around either.

23. Tiffany Trent - "The Vampire, the Witch and the Yenko" - Ok I guess.

24. Ann Aguirre - "Circle Unbroken" - Not impressed at first but then it got to me.

25. Devon Monk - "Skein of Sunlight" -I do not remember anything from this one.


Some had promise, some were fun, some ok, and some I can't even remember anymore. I do think there were too many vampires, too many stories. This anthology is for vampire lovers, I liked the mammoth book of PR more since that one had all sorts of creatures.
 
Not to mention that I honestly am not a huge short story fan.

 From this I could think of reading more by Rosemary laurey, Diane Whiteside Stacia Kane ,Jennifer Ashley, Jennifer St Giles, Nancy Holderand and Jamie Leigh Hansen. They are all nwe to me.


Blodeuedd's Cover Corner: I like it.
Reason for Reading: Library book
Final thoughts: For you vampire lovers.


15 comments:

  1. I liked both the first book and the book of paranormal romance, but I think a second book on vampires is overkill... I think I'm getting tired of vampires!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,
    I am afraid I am with you, they have become so blah to me. Too much, they should have stuck with one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seem like a lot of stories for one anthology :)
    Sorry that you experienced it as an overkill!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've browsed through this one but I haven't read through it all. I'll admit that I initially thought this was a pretty hefty volume on vamps, I could see getting bored with the theme after reading that many vamp stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You didn't like the stories of all the authors I love...LOL
    Just Ms. Kane's.
    Not sure if I want this one any longer.
    I always think it's way too much money for just these really short stories.
    Loved the way you reviewed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not much into short stories either, but this sounds good and there are some great authors there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janna,
    Too many vampires for me, should have read a story here and there

    Donna
    oh yes it is huge, and a lot of stories. So in the end boredom struck.

    Susi
    :( I know it was strange, authors I have read I did not like. Well except for Fox who had such a funny story.
    Thanks :)

    Yvonne
    I am sure you could enjoy it. And some stories were not that short.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, when you don't remember if you enjoyed the story or not...there's a problem!! Looks like this one just wasn't for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey honey! Nice honest review you have there. Very proud you tackled the whole book - nice job! Hope you had a great weekend hon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm tired if vampires too! I also have to be in the mood for short stories. Great job getting through all those stories though:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been reading more short stories lately. Maybe I should give this one a chance. Not read them all at once, though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a big one, that's for sure! Sounds a fun read to me, I love short stories. Bring 'em back, I say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Staci,
    Yup I agree there, I really should remember something, but was not focused or interested in some of them

    Thanks Cecile,
    Oh it was a big one and just too many vamps for me

    Jenny,
    They are everywhere and I wish they could just go away

    Carol,
    I can definitely recommend not reading them all at once, it is a overdose of vamps.

    Sassy
    Then this one would be perfect foryou!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have only gotten through about half of this book...

    The ones that relate to other books I skipped those...

    I did like the Stacia Kane - agree steamy scenes...

    I did find one or two new to me authors - so a worthwhile read overall...

    This one is definately for die hard Paranormal fan...
    E.H>

    ReplyDelete
  15. EH
    Yeah those are not too fun, I just got lost in them.
    Oh yes for those diehard fans, but at least I too found some good new authors

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP