Thursday 27 December 2012

Review: Ashes of Honor - Seanan McGuire


Toby’s not ready to get back to work, but now she must search
for a powerful changeling with the potential to destroy all of Faerie. She quickly finds herself drawn into a web of kidnappings, political intrigues, and attempted assassinations. Toby must travel farther than ever before—and what she’ll find might not be what she expected.

My thoughts:
What to say..I have always loved Tybalt but now I love him even more. He has my heart and he is my favorite m of ale character the year.

" When you turn from me, it hurts. When you think badly of me, I think badly of myself. When you do stupid, suicidal things, I want to slap you upside the head and demand to know how you can be so brilliant and so blind at the same time.” Tybalt’s expression was calm. “If that’s not love, what is it?” 

Awww, be still my heart. Oh Tybalt how I love you. Yes this could be one review praising Tybalt to the skies. But I will try to tell you a few other things too.

Toby is looking for a teen tearing holes into fairie. All could collapse and Toby will be hurt like never before. She also throws herself into battle as she is still missing Connor, but she is getting over it too.

It was a great book, action filled and something nice on the horizon. But blood flows, a lot.

Conclusion:
I recommend this series to all and I can't wait for the next book.

Cover:
Good

Series: October Daye #6
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Pages: 353
Published: 2012 by Daw
Source: My own

34 comments:

  1. Will read the series and will let you know what I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeeeek, I always get so scared when you read something, you are such a meanie

      Delete
  2. I think I might be a little in love with Tybalt myself! *dreamy sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tybalt is just so...awww lovely and he is a cat! :D

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great series and awww...I like that quote by Tybalt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Tybalt, he said some great things in this that just made me go all awww hugsies

      Delete
  4. I'm loving this series too. Tybalt was wonderful in this book. I can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now am I just sad, cos the next one is so far away :/

      Anyway, all read thanks to you!!!

      Delete
  5. I have not heard of this series. But I will probably add it to my TBR. GREAT review.
    Your reader,
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to read it, an awesome series that just keeps get better

      Delete
  6. oh dear, maybe I should move these higher on TBR list? I have the first 2 books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, I love Tybalt!!! SO need to read this book soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you do cos Tybalt is at his best here, awww dreamy

      Delete
  8. Favorite male character of the year? High praise! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He can transform into a cat, do I need to say more

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a good one. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I'm going to try to read more urban fantasy in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should :D It's the best genre..well after fantasy ;)

      Delete
  11. I do need to pick this series up...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay!!! loved this book, I think it's always better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have this series on my wishlist, thanks to you, and I will probably read them in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to read this series, have first books and everything but no time :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh :/ Booo for no time, let's win the lottery and read and read

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP