Wednesday 5 December 2012

Wheel of Time re-reading challenge: Book 8 and 9


Series: The Wheel of Time #8
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 685
Published: 1998 by TOR
Source. Shelf

Ok so I love this series to death, but this book was pretty boring. What happened?

Eh...Elayne and Nynaeve moved reallllly slowly and suddenly something big happened and I was all excuse me? That's a theme, everything moves slowly but the big things are over in a blink of an eye. I do not like Elayne by the way.

Perrin was in the woods...

Logain showed up again.

A few people gathered in the beginning and then was never seen again..what?

Rand was going crazy and hunting Seanchan and I hate those f*ckers.

I yawned here and there. Egwene was doing something boring as usual.

Hehehe, yeah I know, anyone reading this review would not want to read this book. It's just that it was 700 pages and nothing at all happened.


Series: The wheel of time # 9
Pages: 780
Published: 2000 by TOR

I do love thee awesome series but what on earth do >I have left to say? these middle books are just fillers.

Elayne is Queen and doing stuff there.
We meet the Daughter of the Nine Moons. Never did like that brat and I can't say I want Mat to marry her. Mat who is a queen's pet in this book. Silly really.
Rand is out doing stuff and hunting rogues.
Perris looses Faile, who by the way should deal with her jealousy issues.
I came to think of the perfect guy for Tenobia, yup, he is so gonna marry her if they meet.

What else, well people ran around in castles, woods and talked. Pretty much it.

On another note! A month left until the LAST BOOK!





34 comments:

  1. Book 8 sounds like not all that much happened and one would think that in 700 pages a few events would take place and move the action forward:) Glad you only have a month left until the final book though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are bricks and yes nothing happens. That is sure the thing almost everyone complain about

      Delete
  2. LOL. I don't think I could make it through 700 pages of nothing happening, but you wouldn't want to skip a book in the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, it's good. Cos there was something in there that >I had forgotten and that is why I am re-reading

      Delete
  3. I am so darn impressed! As someone who stopped on book 4 or 5--I know that sometimes these can be very intense reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did love them all..the first time around, the 2nd, eh not so much

      Delete
  4. ROFL! Love your reviews. I don't mind fillers when I love a series. I can't believe I haven't read these yet. They have been recommended to me so many times...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love it, but so much better the first time around ;D

      Delete
  5. 700 pages of nothing?!?! Ack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They can't all be good, I'm still in awe at how much you read and re-read too. Good for you. I like these vintagecovers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hate the covers, they are all bleh, some are better though, like these

      Delete
  7. your reviews kill me..LOL
    How can you re-read books, my tbr pile is so big I cannot even read them all once..hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I force myself ;) I want to re-read them all before the last as else I would not remember much

      Delete
  8. I loved this and even though some were hit/miss I really need to start re-reading this series again. I started way back in 1995!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard some of the middle books weren't as good as others in the series. :) And still, a series I need to get to. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem is this I feel like that the first time around? I can't remember

      Delete
  10. Yeah, a 700-page books about nothing really...the ultimate reading challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know why but I'm really not attracted by these books... I haven't read a book by this author but I think I should try one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read book 1 and be happy,I love book 1...cos else you got 13 more chunksters to read

      Delete
  12. I never liked Daughter of the Nine Moons and I think Mat being the Queen's pet was just stupid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Like he had no choice. Just silly and Tuon is a little bitch

      Delete
  13. Lol, the book I dislike the most is 10, nothing happens in that one at all. Still, one of my favourite fantasy series, and it will be reread again and again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The review for 10 should be up...well one day, together with 11. Now 11 was better, there it finally picked up speed

      Delete
  14. They're on my TBR mountain but I just don't know whether I can handle chunksters that are mainly filler lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The middle books are tough, but, this is a re-read, and they are double boring then. The first time you need to know

      Delete
  15. LOL Those reviews were hilarious but very accurate, nothing happened in those books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing at all, fillers, nothing more than that

      Delete
  16. I actually tend to like the filler books in this series, but it's been so long since I've read them. I still haven't wrote reviews for the first three I reread this year, I need to get on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some have to enjoy them :D
      For the next one I am reading I do already have a review from before so that will be fun to compare

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP