Wednesday 4 December 2013

Review: Gentlemen Prefer Mischief - Emily Greenwood

It's going to take a dash of mischief to bring these two together…

If it hadn’t been for the haunted woods, Lily Teagarden would never have spoken to her neighbor, Viscount Roxham. Known to the fashionable world as Lord Perfect, to Lily he’s a man she can never respect…and the careless rogue who broke her fledgling heart. But sightings of eerie lights among his trees are causing her trouble, and she needs his help.

Intrigued by this prim beauty who was once an ugly duckling, Roxham agrees to investigate, though hardly has he begun when she mysteriously undermines his efforts. The mischief she throws in his path awakens his sleeping heart, just as his touch stirs a passion she can’t accept. But Roxham is the last man to whom Lily would surrender, and it’s going to take everything he’s got to win her love.

My thoughts:
I have reached a conclusion that I really enjoy house parties in regency romances, there are just so many opportunities for the couple to fall in love. And yes of course there is one here, why would I mention it otherwise ;)

Lily is really prim and proper. But she had to be the one who kept it all together. While Hal is carefree and reckless. He was never meant to be a viscount. She had a crush on him when younger, he crushed those feelings (well not crushed but teased it out of her). They are such an unlikely couple. But she needs someone who makes her let loose, and he needs someone that teaches him values.

The romance, oh tease tease, anger and banter. They have a long way to go and the more they argue the more they want each other.

Oh and I did not even know it was book 2 so it works awesome as a stand alone.

There is also the hunt for some lights in the woods but mostly it's about these two arguing and making it very fun to read.

Conclusion:
A light fun romance.

Cover
Nice

Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published December 3rd 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Mischief #2
Historical romance
For review

45 comments:

  1. Sounds fun. I need to some light romance, I'm drowning in fictional murders lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I always find "the-opposites-attract" a best kind of romance. :) Will check it out. Thanks for the lovely review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd surely enjoy the teasing and the banter... anger I'm not so sure about. I've never read one of these, but I suppose it's time to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was not I am gonna kill you!!! anger. More like I will stamp my foot and pout anger

      Delete
  5. Sounds super fun! I've got two romances in my queue right now -- Must Love dukes and What the Groom Wants. Just what I need right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh it must be fun to see them together! You're right house parties are always the perfect place for love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds just like I like my historicals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds sweet and those house parties in regency romances are always great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agreed house parties are such fun...lots of opportunities

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All those hidden corners while people sleep

      Delete
  10. Totally and they also last very long so that is good

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never read a romance that features a house party. I am always up for a romance with antagonistic behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this sounds fab. I also love to see that I can read it out of order as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like my type of book! I have really been a historical romance kick lately so I definitely will be reading this one. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL I love the house parties too! So much fun. Hadn't seen this one yet. Adding it to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read some might good house parties in my days and they are always fun

      Delete
  15. Sounds like a good pick if you're looking for some light romancey reading.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL. Gotta love the couple that banters all the time. It makes it so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  17. " ... the more they argue the more they want each other." haha ... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, please. I'd like to be lost in the haunted woods with Lord Perfect. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do love arguing and banter in my romances, and this sounds like the couple has a lot to work through, so I'll be a happy camper. I also love when a series book can be read as a standalone. Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love series stand alones :D Some work, some don't.

      Delete
  20. I am so in the mood for a lighthearted HR! Nice review, and perfect timing for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like a sweet book, B.! And I love house parties too in HR, so many opportunities for mischief! :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP