Sunday 7 September 2014

3 UF Reviews: Blade Song, Nightwalker and Kitty goes to Washington

Kit Colbana - half breed, assassin, thief, jack of all trades - has a new job: track down the missing ward of one of the local alpha shapeshifters. It should be a piece of cake.
So why is she so nervous? It probably has something to do with the insanity that happens when you deal with shifters - especially sexy ones who come bearing promises of easy jobs and easier money.

Or maybe it’s all the other missing kids that Kit discovers while working the case, or the way her gut keeps screaming she’s gotten in over her head. Or maybe it’s because if she fails - she’s dead.

If she can stay just one step ahead, she should be okay. Maybe she’ll even live long to collect her fee...

My thoughts:
I think I have e-book related issues. I have this nagging feeling that if I had read this in print then I would have enjoyed it more. Why? Because I am WEIRD. I hate the one page thing, it makes me read fast and that is bad cos I already read fast. Ebooks makes me skim faster too.

Ok end of ebook rant, I need therapy.

Anyway, Kit is half amazon with ISSUES. Yes all caps cos she thinks about her sadistic evil family all the freaking time. If I need therapy then this girl seriously needs it. Because she seems more human, shifters tend to treat her badly. And she constantly has to prove that she can be strong. Just leave Kit. Just leave. She seems weak a lot.

Damon is a cat shifter who protects her while she is on a job. She hates him, he is an asshole (but not too bad.) I liked how he was all want! But still stays away. Though at first I wanted him dead, asshole as he was. I mean effing ahole!

Good action, story, (I would have liked less of my granma beat me though). But, here is the thing, it was good but with lots of issues. But would I buy more? Nah. If I found it at the library, then yes, not at once, but it would be there.

Cover
eh

ebook, 174 pages
Published August 1st 2012 by Shiloh Walker, Inc
Colbana Files #1
Urban fantasy
Own

Stormwalker Janet Begay, proprietor of the Crossroads Hotel, a place where the paranormal stop for a safe night’s rest, discovers the hard way that a slayer is targeting Ansel, a Nightwalker who’s become the hotel's more-or-less permanent resident.

When Janet and her lover Mick intervene to save Ansel’s un-life, they find that the attack is the beginning of an oncoming storm. Janet has her hands full already with the upcoming marriage of her father, the return of a woman who claims to be Coyote’s wife, her crazy half-sister, a couple dragons on her back, and her worry about Mick, who’s behaving strangely again. 

But it seems that everyone is after Ansel, who fears he killed the woman he loves in a Nightwalker frenzy. Janet must choose between protecting Ansel, or facing the most powerful magical beings in the world, who are willing to destroy Janet, Mick, her hotel, and everyone she cares about to get to Ansel and his secrets.

My thoughts:
I thought this was the last book, and now I checked and saw it's not. I thought I had finished a series ;) Sigh

Story:
Someone is trying to kill Ansel. Lots of different people are now gunning for Janet. So she tries to solve this mystery. What does they all want and what happened?

Characters:
Janet is totally cool.
Mike is a dragon I want. Especially when he got all I will protect my mate, mmm

Other stuff (see I have forgotten how I do this)
Plenty of action, and hot loving too. A fun series. I also love when there is more of her culture.

I am glad I read this one late as the next book comes first next year.

Cover
nice

Kindle Edition, 322 pages
Published September 23rd 2012 by JA / AG Publishing
Stormwalker #4
Urban fantasy
Own

Celebrity werewolf and late-night radio host Kitty Norville prefers to be heard and not seen. So when she's invited to testify at a Senate hearing on behalf of supernaturals, and her face gets plastered on national TV, she inherits a new set of friends, and enemies, including the vampire mistress of the city; an über-hot Brazilian were-jaguar; and a Bible-thumping senator who wants to expose Kitty as a monster. Kitty quickly learns that in this city of dirty politicians and backstabbing pundits, everyone's itching for a fight.

My thoughts:
I find myself not having a lot to say. It was good, book 1 was also good, and sure I could read more. But there are 12 more or something and that is a lot for just good, and sometimes just ok.

Kitty was cool. A bit too cool at times, I'd be angry, she was just cool.

She met a sexy jaguar shifter. New friends. She understood that all packs are not bad. She met a politician who screamed about God and she had to testify about her being a were. So now the world knows that there are Others. 

It was good. I said it before, not much to say. Danger and a tiny bit of passion. Eh, I will leave it here and not continue the series.

Cover
meh

Mass Market Paperback, 321 pages
Published July 1st 2006 by Grand Central Publishing
Kitty Norville #2
Urban fantasy
own

36 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed them all, even if you are having issues with ebooks, Linda :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah it's 3 books I need to read, it's terrible ! I'm so behind! One day, yes one day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have ebook issues, but at least I get though them fast ;)

      Delete
  3. I've got the Daniels one on my list for one day. Vaughn was so not for me. I really didn't care for book one :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book 1 as good, not spectacular, so I gave book 2 a go, but I want more from my UF so no more

      Delete
  4. The action sounds great. Glad you enjoyed

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've wanted to try the Vaughn books for a long time. Sounds pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you went on a UF binge. I think the one that I would be most interested in is Blade Song, despite the issues you had with it.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, yes ;)
      Maybe I should have been in another mood

      Delete
  7. Lol, I have the same feelings with e-books! They do make me read faster too and to be honest my five start ratings are mostly from hardcopy reads lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not alone!!! I seldom, if almost never give a 4 to a e-book

      Delete
  8. I read the 1st book in the Kitty series and just never kept going, I liked it well enough and I have 2 more but ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been a bit curious about the Kitty series but since you aren't overly enthusiastic about any of these, I am going to pass.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you're the first person who didn't fall in love with Daniel's series. I have the first three, I planned on binge reading it but as usual never got around to it. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! :/ It just did not fully work for me

      Delete
  11. I think Kitty Goes to Washington was my favorite of the series that I read. Though I only got to about book five before running out of cares.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1) I have the same issue with ebooks. Honestly...I don't get as excited about books when I know its on my kindle. Which...where is my kindle??

    2) Can't wait to see what happens next! Sorry you are bummed you didn't finish a series. ;D

    3) Meh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so..read...delete..whatever.

      :/

      Totes

      Delete
  13. I love the Colbana Files series. Second book gutted me!! It was heart wrenching but sooooo good!
    I read the first three book in the Stormwalker series, I have this one but haven't read yet... I will...someday.
    I used to like the Kitty Norville series, but I gave up after the sixth book. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone seems to give up on Kitty, I will do so now.

      I know, everyone except I love Colbana :/

      Delete
  14. Sounds like I should give the Stormwalker series a try. I've never been drawn to the Kitty series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stormwalker series is cool. Kitty...give it a miss

      Delete
  15. Oh, yeah. Kit's family was seriously sadistic! Poor girl. Mike the dragon sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike is awesome :)

      Kit's family were EVIL bastards

      Delete
  16. Sometimes the first book isn't the best in these 12 books series, I would give Kitty one more go..LOL as for the ereader thing..yeah you are weird. :snort:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this was book 2 and I was still not sold on it ;)

      Delete
  17. I LOVE the Stormwalker series and am so thankful the author is attempting to self-pub more titles. Glad you enjoyed too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have liked an end (cos I read too many series ;) but I am glad there will be more

      Delete
  18. Haha re: Blade song - I also believe had I read it in print, I would have tolerated it more. I'm weird like that, too. :P I think I gave up at 50% when I felt like I was just going through the motions.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP