Saturday 20 September 2014

3 PNR reviews and Book Blog Walkers: Weekly Check-in September 19 2014


This challenge is organized by Felicia over at the Geeky Blogger's Book Blog

Saturday 5 km bike and 30 min walk
Sunday 5 km bike and 1 hour workout class
Monday 5 km bike and 40 min walk
Tuesday 5 km bike, and 30 min walk, 1 hour yoga
Wednesday 5 km bike, and 1 hour zumba class
Thursday 10 km bike, and 1 hour zumba
Friday 5 km bike and 30 min walk

No pic this week :/ But it was a good week.

________________________________________________


That's what runs through Desiree "Dez" MacDermot's mind the minute she hooks up again with her childhood buddy, Mace Llewellyn.  Mace likes making Dez crazy. In fact, he likes her any way he can get her―in bed, on the desk, here, now, again. Together, they'd always been trouble, but Dez has no idea just how good trouble can feel...


Brendon Shaw has seen better days. He's been beaten, had a gun to the back of his head, and had to be rescued by a Pack of shape-shifting wolves. He didn't think he'd survive the night, much less find the woman of his dreams. And he never thought the woman of his dreams would have a Tennessee accent and wear cowboy boots. 

Ronnie Lee Reed is ready to change her life, and New York City is the place where any girl―even one who runs with a Pack―can redefine herself. First order of business: find a mate, settle down, and stop using men for sex. Even big, gorgeous, lion-shifting, oh-my-what-big-um-paws-you-have men. Then again...

My thoughts:
I am sorry but why is everyone loving this. Omg so dull!!!!! I tried my best, I really did! I was told it was funny 



Yeah that would be a negative on funny. I read up to 100, the rest of the 100 pages of the first story is a blur. The other story I skimmed.

I will not be reading more. A big fail.

Paperback, 391 pages
Published September 25th 2007 by Brava (first published January 1st 2007)
Pride #1
Paranormal romance
Own

Once, Sarah Bingham’s biggest challenge was making her students pay attention in class. Now, after rescuing a wounded stranger, she’s landed in the middle of a battle between corrupt vampires and powerful immortals who also need blood to survive. Roland Warbrook is the most compelling man Sarah has ever laid hands on. But his desire for her is mingled with a hunger he can barely control…

In his nine centuries of immortal existence, no woman has tempted Roland as much as Sarah. But asking her to love him is impossible—when it means forfeiting the world she’s always known, and the life he would do anything to protect

My thoughts:
*sleeping*
I am sorry, what?
*sleeping*
Gods! I am PNRed out! I can't handle this anymore! Big ass guy meets tiny female. Insta love/lust, blah blah blah
*sleeping*
It was just so dull! I got to page 100 and skimmed the rest. No world building. just these two boring people talking.

Mass Market Paperback, 345 pages
Published March 3rd 2011 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2011)
Immortal Guardians #1
Paranormal romance
Own

In this dazzling, sensual novel, Dianne Duvall beckons readers into a world of vampires, immortals, and humans with extraordinary gifts…where passion can last forever, if you’re willing to pay the price…

Defense attorney Kim Fraser has to venture into the dark and dangerous Shiftertown to get answers for a client accused of murder, but the secrets she learns from the enticing lips of Liam Morrissey might just get her killed if the shifter doesn't claim her for his mate.

My thoughts:
Another book that showed me that I am PNRed out. I am just all, sigh, why even bother?

It was ok at first, I did try my best, but it was a bit over 100 pages where it all fell part for me. I just could not be bothered about the heroine, or the hero who went all mine. And all the rest. Still I saw that it could have been good for me a few years ago. But now I might be over most pnr books. They do not work.

Anyway, a story about a woman who meets a sexy shifter, has hot sex, saves a life and lives happily ever after. Boring for me.

Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Published January 26th 2010 by Leisure Books
Shifters Unbound #1
Paranormal romance
Own


38 comments:

  1. Yikes, these sound awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all sound kind of same old - same old. If you've read one you've read them all lol

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love me some paranormal books, but I've started to avoid the romance-y ones for this exact reason. I normally get about 50% of the way through and just go ... "so what?" Sorry to hear you've been disappointed with your books lately :/

    ~Liza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I prefer UF, they are different, instead of alphas going all mine and women blah blah. See, totally tired of them

      Delete
  4. I listen to Shelley Laurenston books, so I don't know if the narrator helps the story out or not, but I enjoy them. I read book one of Dianne Duvall's, but never continued with the series. I don't know why. I've never tried Jennifer Ashley, though she has been on my radar for some time.

    Great job on your workouts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like her more UF series, it's a pnr uf mix so that is why it works for me.

      Thanks ! Hopefully I will manage to keep it up

      Delete
  5. hahaha, Linda! For once I'm in total accord with you :) I'm PNRed out too, these books didn't suit me at all. Great progress on your walks though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I am not alone. And I will try to keep away from these from now ;)

      Delete
  6. You are doing awesome with the walking challenge. That's too bad about the books being bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, Bloo (can I call you Bloo? It's cute :)) you really have a thing for the number 100!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yes call me Bloo :)

      I know, it's freaky, I hit 100 and just go all blergh, this book must die now

      Delete
  8. PNR is like crack for me, once I get addicted, I can't stop until I'm all burned out after a while, they all start seeming so similar. Even the covers, LOOK AT THEM! Must have been a really boring time for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am burned out now. I so need a break, and I haven't even read that much lately so I need a ;LONG break

      Delete
  9. your week for #bookblogwalkers looks great:) I miss my bike, wish I could ride like that
    My Week is Here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ride every day to work :) Come rain, snow, well yes every day

      Delete
  10. Sorry to hear the three books for you were pretty much all duds. But great to hear at least you had a good blog walkers week!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That I did :)
      And the books, eh, no bother, they were all books from someone who I exchanged books with

      Delete
  11. Aw bummer you hated them so much. I love Laurenston and Ashley. Think they're fab. Maybe PNR is just not your thing for now?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darkness is a pretty cover but sorry to hear the disappointment

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep, I'm PNR'd out too. Same old - same old. Maybe someday I can get back into them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no I'm sad you didn't like the Ashley one because as I said I have it. Well I think I'll have to try to see how it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :/ But maybe it will work for you, I, no more pnr for me

      Delete
  15. 1) hahahaha I love the gif.
    2) Meh...I do loath insta-love...I can totally see insta-lust happening, but meh.
    3) :/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job on the exercise!!

    Yeah, add me to the PNR burnout group. I used to love this sub-genre but I hardly read it anymore. So much repetitiveness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, same old thing, over and over again. Too bad I still have quite a few books unread in the genre

      Delete
  17. I used to read exclusively PNR but lately I've been getting into suspense/thrillers! I think the burnout factor happens when you only read one genre for awhile!
    LOL @ hot dude meets tiny female then ensuing hot sex!
    Hope you're doing well! Missed your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missed you :)

      And i had not even read any pnr, but when I tried again I was all, NO. Ugh, can't do this

      Delete
  18. Great week for you!! I was disappointed with The Mane Event too, but Pack Challenge was wicked hilarious and sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha I love that GIF! :-) Too bad it didn't work for you. And wow you are doing a lot of walking and exercising! Zumba is so fun, I should really start doing that again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ;) I just NEEDED a gif

      I have been trying :) and yes Zumba is fun!

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP