Friday 26 September 2014

Romance Friday: A Lady's Guide to Improper Behavior - Suzanne Enoch

The Rules:
A lady should always make polite conversation ...

Theresa Weller understands the rules of decorum, and is appalled when Colonel Bartholomew James disrupts a perfectly civilized dinner. This rude, insensitive man is the complete opposite of everything a gentleman should be — but with one searing kiss, Tess can think of no one else. 

A lady should never lose her temper ...
Aggravated beyond bearing by a man who speaks his mind, Tess wishes there was a guide to men like Bartholomew. Surely, with such an assortment of handsome, polite suitors to choose from, Tess should not ache for him. 

A lady should never pursue a gentleman. 
She invites him on carriage rides and dares him to dance, and almost makes him want to return to Society. Bartholomew knows Tess wants to be seen as a proper miss, but deep down, he knows she is precisely the sort to spark his desire ... A most improper lady.

My thoughts:
This was just so fun! And different.

Theresa is a proper lady and she does everything right. She even wrote a book about it. Now she does sound dull, but trust me she is not. She meets Tolly and throws caution to the wind. She pursues him, a lady should not pursue a gentleman. She does everything she should not do, and I loved her for it. You go girl!

Tolly is one of those brooding heroes. But he has a reason. Everyone in his company was killed and he was left for dead. Now he has a leg that is practically falling of, he is very close to losing it. He is bitter, angry and the last thing he needs is some happy chit telling him what to do. But who can resist sunshine after thunder. He starts to fall for her.

They were so perfect together. Grumpy and Happy. And finally a hero who has a real reason to be sullen.

One thing though, we meet someone in this book, the Duke of Sommerset, and when I finished this book I had to check but sad! He has no book! It was even a FAQ on her webpage, so fingers crossed for him getting a book one day.

Conclusion:
Back to our happy couple, because they will get their HEA and I am happy. Really enjoyable.

Cover
cute, even without the head

Mass Market Paperback, 372 pages
Published April 27th 2010 by Avon
Adventurers' Club #2
Historical romance
Own

29 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this sounds fantastic! I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed her jewel thief series, including the historical crossover one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, a sullen hero, but understandably so. What a nice change. This seems to be a very entertaining read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds perfect! I want! I want! I want!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grumpy and Happy? LOL I'm glad he has a real reason to be sullen. However, you had me at fun and different. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, well they were ;)
      And he had such a good reason, I mean first his leg, it was ICKY. And then all the rest *shudder*

      Delete
  6. This sounds wonderful and a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that does sound fun. I've not tried her yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love with the cover! I just love it and it sounds so fun! I want to discover it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You go girl indeed! heh I like those kinds of characters :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh this does sound fun! I love when the heroine isn't afraid to go after what she wants, time period be damned! :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP