Tuesday 2 September 2014

Mrs Darcy's Diamonds - Jane Odiwe

Elizabeth is newly married to Fitzwilliam Darcy, her new role is daunting at first, and having to deal with Mr. Darcy’s aunt, Lady Catherine de Bourgh, is a daily challenge. But, Elizabeth is deeply in love and determined to rise to every test and trial she is forced to endure. When her husband presents her with a diamond ring, part of the precious and irreplaceable Darcy suite of jewels, she feels honoured and ready to accept her new responsibilities and position. 

Mrs. Darcy knows she will face exacting scrutiny at the approaching Christmas Ball, but it will be her chance to prove that she is a worthy mistress, and she is excited to be playing hostess to the Bennets, the Bingleys, and the gentry families of Derbyshire, as well as Mr. Darcy’s French cousins, Antoine de Valois and his sister Louise. Elizabeth is delighted that this young and lively couple are helping to bring Miss Georgiana Darcy out of her shell. However, when her ring goes missing before the ball, Elizabeth is distraught, and her dilemma further increased by the threat of a scandal that appears to involve the French cousins.

My thoughts:
Awww there is nothing like JA variations, sequels and all the rest. Am I obsessed? How dare you Sir!!...ok ok, I am totally obsessed and enjoy them all :D

In this one we meet Darcy and Lizzy after the wedding and they will have a big ball, for friends and family. But there will be drama!


  • A missing ring. Did she loose it? Did someone take it?
  • An annoyed and annoying Lady de Burgh (put Caroline in that category too).
  • Mrs Bennet being Mrs Bennet (we all know what that means, sigh!)
  • And mysterious relatives showing up. Who are they?

There is some drama, some romance, and your favorite characters showing up and being their annoying selves ;)

There is also a build up for a sequel that I look forward to. But I will not go into things, I will let you all be surprised. 

Conclusion:
Enjoyable.

ebook, 148 pages
Published September 2nd 2014 by White Soup Press
Pride and Prejudice sequel
For review

43 comments:

  1. I usually am not a fan of these type of books because I rarely think authors get the characters right. I am glad it worked for you. The cover is rather lame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but eh, I read it as an ebook and I only see the cover once there

      Delete
  2. I really don't read this type of historical fiction, or HF at all, unless it's also paranormal, alternate or fantasy or whatever, but this sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy these kind of reads as well. I will have to add this one to the wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This to me is a healthy obsession..obsess own!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh I need a good JA variation about now! BTW - I am fairly certain I have read something by this author. mmmmm *thinks*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love Mrs. Bennett and JA but I don't know if this one's for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do enjoy the Austen related books. This one sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is an interesting concept. I would want to be part of the wedding and the shiznit that happened after. Mrs. Bennett tsk tsk tsk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, oh that Mrs Bennet, always talking too loud and trying to marry her daughters to someone

      Delete
  9. Oooooh, P & P sequel? ;) AWESOME! I'm absolutely going to put this in my TBR!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I have a bit of an obsession ;) More reviews to come in Sep

      Delete
  10. I am not a fan of J.A. sequels but this one sounds nice. :) I'll wait for more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read a sequel yet of the story but it's intriguing. I finished one like that a few days ago, it was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you need help, maybe you need to go to a Jane Austen rehab or something... I'm kidding.
    I'm glad you liked this book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everyone's reading JA retellings these days. This one sounds really funny, though, it almost makes we want to finish the original. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did read PP, it was...boring at times ;) I know, blasphemy

      Delete
  14. I still haven't read P&P!!! I do know the story from movies/series of course but still. This sounds really cute though.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the movies more than the book ;)

      Delete
  15. Every time I see a JA variation, I think of you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read any sequels to classics, and used to not like the idea, but the wish to keep reading about beloved characters never goes away! This sounds like a fun book.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww I'm with you I love JA variants and will never NOT read them! :-) Glad you had fun with this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am always a bit scary of these. I am always afraid they are going to disappoint. Must overcome fear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand that. But just give it a go

      Delete
  19. I plan to read this on my vacation this week, so I'm glad to see you liked it. You're not the only one with an obsession with these books. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP