Friday 12 September 2014

The Winter Long - Seanan McGuire

Toby thought she understood her own past; she thought she knew the score.

She was wrong.
It's time to learn the truth.

My thoughts:
I do love Toby. That's all.

But must I say more?! This is book 8, I am sure I have said it all. Cried poor Toby! Talked about how hot Tybalt is. Talked about how cool the world is. Talked again about poor Toby, and just talked in general about how awesome it is.

Here again I thirst for answers! I need them, I need them now. Sure we learn who big bad was. But what I want to know is, let's see, her grandmother is. There is something strange there. First we learn about her mother, her grandfather, well now I want more. I guess it will come.

So, what can I say without spoiling things? Toby is in danger as always. She kicks ass as always. She learns new truths. The end. Awesome.

Conclusion:
Read it in an evening. For once you start you can't stop.

Cover
Good


Paperback, 358 pages
Published September 2nd 2014 by DAW
October Daye #8
Urban fantasy
Own


----------------

I am the most forgetful person ever! I am over at Felicia's blog and talking about why I love libraries.

LIbrary Card Month w/The Geeky Blogger

43 comments:

  1. LOL! Love those books you HAVE to read in a day (or night).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I have been deciding whether to pick this series up or not. Glad you had a book that you just couldn't stop reading :) Always a great thing when it happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should pick it up, it keeps getting better and better :D

      Delete
  3. I'm waiting for this one from the library. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toby sounds like a character it would be great to read the evening away with

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your library post and you reminded me that I need to start this series. Ugh! Will I ever catch up to my series reads? Probably not. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, book eight! That's a bit too much for me. I like it when they end at ...book four. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely have to start the October Daye series soon! Yet another UF to add to my growing tbr pile...

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh book 8?! I'm so behind! And it sounds so awesome! More catch up to do.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you get your answers!! Give Blodeuedd the answers she desires!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read it as soon as I had it as well and I loved it. We know more but so many more questions too it's terrible! I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many people I know just love this series.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review, sounds like you love this series alot! And gotta love the library!

    ReplyDelete
  13. One day I will start this series...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the first four books and STILL haven't started this series.

    As I fall further behind….

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is this a short-story? The summary and review is tiny. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book 8, not much to say, it has all been said

      Delete
  16. Again, a series I really want to check out. You keep featuring very good looking series on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a good series, if you have stuck with it this far!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I still have yet to read a Seanan Mcguire book!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I must have missed all that talkin' because I haven't heard of these ... must rectify ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm afraid to read all the parts in between I love Toby and read this in an evening. I think I need to reread the last book so I can appreciate this. Yet the last one broke my heart a bit. I love Toby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love love love :)
      Awesome series, I am happy that it keeps on going strong

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP