Wednesday 27 July 2016

Goblin Quest - Jim C Hines

Jig is a scrawny little nearsighted goblin-a runt even among his puny species. Captured by a party of adventurers searching for a magical artifact, and forced to guide them, Jig encounters every peril ever faced on a fantasy quest.

My thoughts:
I was unsure about this one to be honest, it was the story of a scrawny goblin after all. But I should not have feared, it was a Hines book after all.

This one was amusing, oh those silly humans ;) See Jig lives with the rest of the goblins where goblins live. And sometimes pesky humans aka adventures come into those caves looking for stuff, killing goblins and just being so darn annoying.

And that is what happens. A dwarf, a wizard, a prince and a thief comes looking for something and Jig have to help them. There is danger, adventure, treasure and one scared, yet brave goblin.

Conclusion:
I need to read more Jig books. I can't wait to see what he does next.

Paperback, 346 pages
Published November 7th 2006 by DAW (first published November 2nd 2004)
Jig the Goblin #1
Fantasy
Own

41 comments:

  1. Oh a new author to me! If you love it I will probably like it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I really like this cover and this group of friends that's amassed in this novel. I haven't heard of this but I'll definitely be checking this author out soon! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so amusing, I have to read more of Jig's adventures

      Delete
  3. I still have to finish that stepsister book by him. I totally forgot lol

    This sounds fun though.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am finished with those so I moved on to these

      Delete
  4. Jig sounds adorable - in as much as little monsters can be adorable. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A dwarf, a wizard, a prince sounds like the beginning of a joke. :) I'm so glad you enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to remember if I've read a goblin book before! I think maybe one? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read one with a sexy one...Jig was not that

      Delete
  7. ooh some Goblins....sounds fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you. I've been enjoying this author's writing. Will have to see if my library has this book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another Hines book I haven't heard of. He's got a lot of older stuff I need to look into, apparently!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That he has :D I think I have tried most now...maybe

      Delete
  10. A dwarf, a wizard, a prince and a thief walk into a bar...hehe. This sounds seriously fun

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear its an amusing read

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was one of the books I own, but had decided not to read. Guess I'll have to dig it out! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't remember the last time I read a book about goblins. I also need to check out this author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Probably not my type of book but thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think I've read about goblins! I think I'm curious to now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. He looks pretty badass on the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It all sounds so cute! I want to see what you think of another before I rush to add it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's been a long time since I've read a goblin.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP