Thursday 21 July 2016

Succubus Blues - Richelle Mead

When it comes to jobs in hell, being a succubus seems pretty glamorous. A girl can be anything she wants, the wardrobe is killer, and mortal men will do anything just for a touch. Granted, they often pay with their souls, but why get technical? 

But Seattle succubus Georgina Kincaid's life is far less exotic. At least there's her day job at a local bookstore--free books; all the white chocolate mochas she can drink; and easy access to bestselling, sexy writer, Seth Mortensen, aka He Whom She Would Give Anything to Touch but Can't. 

But dreaming about Seth will have to wait. Something wicked is at work in Seattle's demon underground. And for once, all of her hot charms and drop-dead one-liners won't help because Georgina's about to discover there are some creatures out there that both heaven and hell want to deny. . . 

My thoughts:
Funny UF, yes, just what I needed!

Georgina was so not kick-ass. She had luck, she had sex appeal and she could not help letting those dirty innuendos out.

She works in a bookstore (yay) and she loves books (yay). She does have sex for souls and has done so for millenia (job sucks). She has a cat! SO I liked her.

But someone is hunting immortals in Seattle *scary music*

She does care and wants to investigate, but she is also dealing with her favorite author coming to town. Oh what a fangirl she is. And there is a hunky guy on the horizon too. Maybe she can finally let loose a bit.

Conclusion:
I liked this, I read it fast, it was amusing, and I will read more

Cover
SO UF

Mass Market Paperback, 375 pages
Published August 1st 2010 by Zebra (first published February 27th 2007)
Georgina Kincaid #1
UF
OWN

29 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this series but I worry I'll have trouble with the sex for souls aspect when she eventually gets into a relationship with someone. Still, I'm all for a funny UF series though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is tricky, and she needs it to survive! Either she feeds from other men or kill her own man

      Delete
  2. Oh yay!! I don't think I've read this one, but I have read a book later in the series *confused* I'll need to grab it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this series! I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this series as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember enjoying this series up to a point, but there were several disappointments along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds fun and I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe I should try this... Didn't like Vampire Academy but this sounds better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh those sucked. So cheesy, might have been the translation but yikes

      Delete
  8. oh my this does sound good!! the heroine sounds awesome here. Love that she loves BOOKS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I read this one! Enjoyed, especially the author thing :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! I binged on this series in audio. So good! You've gotta see it all the way through, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will take time, so many books I want, maybe 2 for xmas, and then it will take me some time

      Delete
  11. Super UF, but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know about this one. Her being a succubus is a little off putting for me - it's all the sex she will be having with different people. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that, thought she only had sex twice in this one

      Delete
  13. This one has been on the fringes of my awareness for a while. I can't remember if I had heard good or bad things. haha. I'll have to take another look now that I'm into UF more and more than PNR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should :) And the good thing, they are all out

      Delete
  14. Ahhh I need to get back to these. I read the first one though :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP