Monday 29 May 2017

Toughest cowboy in Texas - Carolyn Brown

Last time Lila Harris was in Happy, Texas, she was actively earning her reputation as the resident wild child. Now, a little older and wiser, she's back to run her mother's café for the summer. Except something about this town has her itching to get a little reckless and rowdy, especially when she sees her old partner-in-crime, Brody Dawson. Their chemistry is just as hot as ever. But he's still the town's golden boy-and she's still the wrong kind of girl.

Brody hasn't had much time lately for anything other than ranching. Running the biggest spread in the county and taking care of his family more than keeps him busy. All that responsibility has him longing for the carefree days of high school-and Lila. She may have grown up, but he still sees that spark of mischief in her eyes. Now he's dreaming about late-night skinny dipping and wondering how he can possibly resist the one woman he can never forget... 

My thoughts:
Honestly! The people in this town! Oh she is too wild! She is bad news! I was just waiting for them to like accuse her of murdering someone. And sure, she was a daredevil as a teen, but hold your judgment people! Especially his gran and mother, but then they had their own reasons for disliking her, stupid selfish reasons.

Lila and Brody were in love, but in secret. Not winning my love their Brody. He messed up for sure as a teen. But it was also a good thing, because she left that small town, she made something of herself. And now she is back and she never stopped loving him.

Not everyone in the town is an asshat, but there are some. They made me so mad, I am glad she was above it but still.

It really is Brody who has to make his mind up, and do the chasing for this to work, and hey, I like that. And as how he is, a true cowboy. While she tries to be calm, but that wild child still lurks in there (the one who can not let him go).

Conclusion:
It was a truly sweet romance

Cover
Nice

ebook, 352 pages
Expected publication: May 30th 2017 by Forever
Happy, Texas #1
Contemporary romance
Netgalley

30 comments:

  1. I don't know what it is about cowboys, but I just don't like them. This seems to have a second chance romance with a groveling hero though ... I'm a sucker for those!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it, even if you do not like cowboys ;)

      Delete
  2. Dang small towns and their judgy people!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good romance and that is a mighty fine cowboy on the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate reading about judgy town folk. They make so damn mad lol

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some small towns and small neighborhoods are just awful with the judgmental people. Hate seeing that. Sounds like a good story though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily everyone was not like that, but one is plenty and then there are more

      Delete
  6. Yea, I really wasn't a big fan of this one. But I am glad I tried her after all of your raving (I think my review is next week). Too many country song references.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! But I can totally see why it would not work. I like all those things, they feel exotic in a weird way, lol

      Delete
  7. Oh, the overly judgmental small town cliche! It seems to be a common thing in romance, but I don't really like it when things like that are exaggerated just to get a rise out of me. Instead of just getting annoyed with the people in town, I start to get annoyed with the book too.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that. Here it was the stupid old folks, and it never felt over the top. They just felt close minded and needed a lesson

      Delete
  8. I had the same reaction about her supposed 'wildness' and the remarks about it. Guess it was good she came back and proved a wild girl could be a wonderful woman.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is one I'd like to try. Go Lila!

    ReplyDelete
  10. On my blog today, too! Woo! Yes, I liked them but wanted to run a few people in town over. The old people!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the sound of Lila! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Still need to read this author...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adding to my TBR list. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really! No one likes a town full of asshats. Sigh. ;)

    I have seen a lot of reviews for this one today. I can't wait to get to it, despite the closed-minded town. I love a hero that needs redemption!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy her books, they are so fun

      Delete
  15. Love small town romance, but hate judgemental townfolks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved that Brody learned from his stupid teenage ways! And I thought the same thing, why were they so against Lila when she didn't really do anything harmful or awful when she was young. Just out having some harmless fun! The moms, both Lila's and Brody's ticked me off. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Stupid old people. She was NOT wild

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP