Wednesday 13 December 2017

Star Trek Prometheus Fire with Fire - Perplies and Humberg

The Federation races to discover the culprits of several terrorist attacks, sending their flagship, the USS Prometheus, to stop war breaking out in the galaxy.

A mysterious terrorist organization has carried out several attacks against the Federation and Klingon Empire. Tensions are running high in a region already crippled by conflict. The perpetrators are tracked to the Lembatta Cluster, a mysterious region of space whose inhabitants, the Renao, regard the the Alpha Quadrant’s powers as little more than conquering tyrants. The Federation are desperate to prevent more bloodshed, and have sent their flagship, the U.S.S. Prometheus, into the Cluster to investigate the threat before all-consuming war breaks out.

Kindle Edition, 382 pages
Published November 28th 2017 by Titan Books
Star Trek - Prometheus #1
Sci-fi
For review

My thoughts:
So this was like watching a Star Trek ep, no, I take that back, I mean lots happened, so maybe more like a movie. But then more is to come so maybe a 3 part movie then ;) You get the point. Have you seen a ST movie or tv series then this is what you are getting.

Terrorists are blowing stuff up. But who are they and what do they want? I am not good with timelines when it comes to Star Trek. But Spock is 150 years or old something (he shows up), so that is when it takes place. There is peace with the Klingons. The Borg are defeated. Other races has build a new pact and tensions run high and now this. There will never be peace in this universe.

The characters include  a descendant of Kirk's brother. There is a young Renao who is wondering what his people are up to. The Captain of the ship who is trying to solve this mystery without the Klingons going all kill them all. 

I do prefer the show or movies cos they are always so visually awesome. But it was fun reading a book for once too.

28 comments:

  1. Glad to see you enjoyed this one. It sounds like it was action packed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I'm a trekkie but I've never read any of the books huh, that will have to change. Thanks Blodeuedd

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you and think the movie/show would be better in this instance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds fun. I love the Star Trek movies and shows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eh....maybe not for me. I don't care for the show or movie xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to read lots of STTNG and STDS9 books... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love my Star Trek, and go way back to William Shatner and Nimoy days. The movies and programs have really changed over the years. Despite loving this series so much, I still haven't actually read any of the books, and wonder if I would experience the same excitement with the books? Thanks for the review. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I didn't expect this at all, but glad you had fun! I'm with you though, I prefer the shows, but I haven't had a chance to read too many Trek novels either, and I want to try more.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I am trying new things :D
      Now I just need that dang STar wars book I keep saying I will read lol

      Delete
  9. Looks like fun! Yay Star Trek lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been ages since I've read a Star Trek book. I used to enjoy them. I think I'd prefer watching the movies too cos they are so visually stimulating.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like Star Trek, but I confess I got a little lost in all the newer permutations of it. I wouldn't mind reading the adventures, but I have a feeling I'd need to get the books sorted in order. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i just jumped in and it works since it's a new adventure

      Delete
  12. I'll watch Star Trek but really, I'm mostly confused about what's going on, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It has been a long time since I watched Star Trek. I didn't even know that there was a book.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the shows and movies, but I've never tried one of the books.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP