Wednesday 17 January 2018

Audio: A corner of white - Jaclyn Moriarty

This is a tale of missing persons. Madeleine and her mother have run away from their former life, under mysterious circumstances, and settled in a rainy corner of Cambridge (in our world).

Elliot, on the other hand, is in search of his father, who disappeared on the night his uncle was found dead. The talk in the town of Bonfire (in the Kingdom of Cello) is that Elliot's dad may have killed his brother and run away with the Physics teacher. But Elliot refuses to believe it. And he is determined to find both his dad and the truth.

As Madeleine and Elliot move closer to unraveling their mysteries, they begin to exchange messages across worlds - through an accidental gap that hasn't appeared in centuries. But even greater mysteries are unfolding on both sides of the gap: dangerous weather phenomena called "color storms;" a strange fascination with Isaac Newton; the myth of the "Butterfly Child," whose appearance could end the droughts of Cello; and some unexpected kisses... 

Audiobook, Unabridged, 12 pages
Published May 28th 2013 by Scholastic Audio (first published September 18th 2012)
The Colours of Madeleine #1
YA /fantasy
Own

My thoughts:
Awwww. Omg I was listening to this dreadful book based on Beauty and the Beast and was all wtf, so I changed to this one and it was simply wonderful from page 1!

It was a joy listening too!

Right, so first we have Madeleine who lives in Cambridge. She has a lot of imagination, she loves colors, and she misses her old life and we follow her and her two friends.

Then we have Elliot, in a magical world, where colors attack people. Everyone loves him and all he wants is to find his missing father.

They start sending letters to each other (even though that is a crime), we see their lives and I just wanted more and more. What would happen to Madeleine and her mom! Would Elliott find his dad! Would the butterfly child come? So many questions :D

I had to listen to another audio, but kept thinking about this one, and then I should have started another one but wanted to finish this one. Why? It was funny and cute!


Narrators 
Fiona Hardingham, I guess she did Madeleine's voice and I liked it.
Andrew Eiden, I guess he did Elliott and it was nice
Kate Reinders, maybe the princess columns? What a perfect silly royal voice
Peter McGowan, the travelguide? Oh this was perfect for this voice. I could totally see him narrating Stardust and books like that.

This was a book that worked perfect with two main narrators, and yes it really needed both

27 comments:

  1. I remember wanting to read this one when it released but completely forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you loved this but I'm not sure it's for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read it but it sounds quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds FAB Blodeuedd so glad you DNF'd that other one for this!!! I'm hoping its in the US too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you loved this audio so much, especially coming off of a disappointing read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Multiple voice actors??? Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like funny and cute and you also have me curious about the B&B one you DNF'd. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds wonderful! I love audiobooks with multiple narrators. I will look for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds really interesting, though when I look at the cover I get the impression it's targeted at younger readers. And omg, I love Fiona Hardingham. Fantastic narrator.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice that you enjoyed it, I always love a book you just can't stop listening to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea the letter drop between worlds and the story line of their lives. Sounds fun and glad it took the sour taste out of your mouth from the previous book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love when there are multiple narrators.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Colors attacking people?? That's interesting. I'm glad this one worked for you.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This sounds awesome! YA... do you think appropriate for a 12 year old girl? I'm wondering if my BG would like it. We are listening to A Wrinkle in Time together right now.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP