Tuesday 14 January 2020

TMST


Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post on Rainy Day Ramblings where Rainy discuss a wide range of topics from books to blogging. Weigh in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog.

Tell me about the city/ town you live in.

I live in a village, there is nothing in this village anymore, except for suburbia spreading out from the two towns nearby.  It is close to "town", the center of the municipality I live in. But it is also close to a actual town (that is famous for being an energy innovative town).


Here you can can see our row house


photos by Forth Photography

It is close  to big far stretching forests, but I doubt most get it since people do go all wow over seeing a Moose, and no we did not tell them about the time we found wolf prints in the woods. BF said someone had seen bear prints too.

I loved taking walks here! We always found new pathways, find some were clearly only used by deer, but it was fun!

But by this summer we will have moved. Cos sometimes a woman needs to be able to walk naked through her house without fearing a neighbor will spot her. So we bought a lot of land, and sadly we can see a house from our living room, and one behind ur garage, but building the road longer was so expensive so I can live with that ;)

I could not find an aerial map so here is what our new village looked like in the 12th century ;)

It is the green land in the left corner. All water then, wait I think where we live now is on that map to, on the bottom in the middle, in the sea.


And about our new village. Well nothing special about that place either. Woods, the sea close. All good :)

24 comments:

  1. Yes, the ability to walk around naked without your neighbors seeing you is a plus. I'd love to come visit you someday - will your new place have a guest room??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, so come visit! I promise to have clothes on, lol

      Delete
  2. You live in such a beautiful place! I would say "wow" to seeing a moose! I love seeing wildlife around. My daughter has a lot of deer and turkeys and land, but we live more in the urban sprawl and we only get the occasional raccoon and unfortunately coyotes! I will be moving up to Northern California by my daughter in a few years, though, so more wildlife! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes deer, yes I have seen tracks where we live, nasty tic infested buggers. LOl, I am not a deer person ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, good luck with the upcoming move. And bah, a woman can walk naked around her house any time she pleases, you just need to invest in some nice thick curtains ;)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds wonderful having so many places to explore. It looks like your new house is really coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new place and the move. At some point I want to move. I've been in this tiny apartment for 21 years but finding a place we can afford is hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We gave up and built something. We got lucky and bought the land without it being for sale. We went to look at this house and then we asked if we could just buy the woods behind it ;)

      Delete
  6. I'm living in a cluster of houses so it's, sadly, not very private but there's nothing around us otherwise except for our small downtown and the waterfront. Everything else is forest. We have deer that walk through our backyard and I know bear, elk, and other creatures are nearby.

    Karen @ For What It's worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your new place does sound wonderful, all the sights!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing your beautiful town with us can't wait to see real pics of the new one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty place. Lots of trees and walking paths, and near the water...the only downfall is the snow and the long winters...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, with global warming the winter has not come yet

      Delete
  9. Forgot to do mine this week. Too tired this week. But I love your place! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like the someone who might see you starkers might be a bear or moose rather than a human. :)
    Love that you live so near a pretty forest with all those paths to explore. Wishing your home building project well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could totally see a moose wandering by and scared the crap out me

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP