Friday 13 September 2019

A very Austen Valentine Anthology

Six beloved authors deliver romantic Valentine novellas set in Jane Austen's Regency world. Robin Helm, Laura Hile, Wendi Sotis, and Barbara Cornthwaite, together with Susan Kaye and Mandy Cook, share variations of Pride and Prejudice, Persuasion, and Sense and Sensibility, featuring your favorite characters in sequels, adaptations, and spinoffs of Austen's adored novels. 

Experience uplifting romance, laugh-out-loud humor, and poignant regret as these authors deftly tug on your heartstrings this Valentine's Day. 

Kindle Edition, 479 pages
Published December 29th 2018
Series: Austen Anthology #2
Jane Austen variation
Own

I Dream of You by Robin Helm
A P&P sequel
Darcy is working too much, I should have written this review when I finished this short. I guess ok?

Sir Walter Takes A Wife by Laura Hile
A Persuasion sequel and P&P variation
This was interesting, Sir Walter is courting Lady de Bourgh. LOL. Funny

My Forever Valentine by Wendi Sotis
A P&P sequel variation
A rather sweet story

Pretense and Prejudice by Barbara Cornthwaite
A P&P variation
They both think the other one is a spy, I also liked that they met during other circumstances 


My Valentine by Mandy Cook
A P&P and a S&S sequel
This one was really dull, and was about lizzy and Darcy's kid

The Lover's Ruse by Susan Kaye
Persuasion Variation
Another boring one.

Some good, some not so good. You know, like all other anthologies.

23 comments:

  1. Ohhh I love this anthology! I have to find myself a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of these sound fun! I do love Jane Austen. I'll have to check it out, minus the boring ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady De Bourgh! I always think of Judi Dench haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I really need to read P&P. There are so many books and stories set in that world but I am not familiar with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well in a way you do not even need to read PP ;)

      Delete
  5. I am not really into anthologies, but it seems the format is good for short Valentine P&P sequels :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad they are writing these and not always just about P&P. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A P&P anthology, some of them sound interesting like the spy one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The spy one was interesting. They were out of their usual elements

      Delete
  8. I can't say I'm a real fan of anthologies these days, but back in the day, I would read them all the time. Still, this seems pretty interesting. Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do get that, anthologies are really hard, cos I do not know if I ever have read one where I liked all

      Delete
  9. Romantic valentine novellas sound really good.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP