Monday 28 September 2020

Carole's Monday: Always and forever Lara Jean







Author: Jenny Han 
Title: Always and Forever, Lara Jean
(To All the Boys I've Loved Before #3)
Genre: YA, Contemporary, Romance
Format: paper
Pages: 325 
Published: May 2nd 2017

Where I Got It: Borrowed from friend


Summary: 
Lara Jean is having the best senior year.

And there’s still so much to look forward to: a class trip to New York City, prom with her boyfriend Peter, Beach Week after graduation, and her dad’s wedding to Ms. Rothschild. Then she’ll be off to college with Peter, at a school close enough for her to come home and bake chocolate chip cookies on the weekends.

Life couldn’t be more perfect!

At least, that’s what Lara Jean thinks . . . until she gets some unexpected news.

Now the girl who dreads change must rethink all her plans—but when your heart and your head are saying two different things, which one should you listen to?

Review:
Been delaying this because I do not want to say goodbye to Lara Jean and her world. This was a bittersweet goodbye because I have really enjoyed her journey. 

The story continues with Lara Jean. This is her final year of High School before she goes to college and joins the adult world. She has a lot to look forward to...prom, Senior trip to New York City, Beach Week, and her dad's wedding. She has high hopes she will get into the college close to home so she can stay home and still go to school with her bf Peter. However....things may not be so perfect when she gets unexpected news....

Is it wrong that I like John more still than Peter? Peter is not bad overall. He is a good guy and he really has gotten better since book 1. I still like John better though. I hope he gets his own story someday!!! I want to see him happy. 

But speaking of Peter...I wanted to shake him a few times. There were a few times he was SOOOO dumb!! Yes, Lara Jean was dumb sometimes too. Thus is the teen life and young love. They are immature in different ways. BUT PETER! Dumb jock. Cute and sweet, but thick-headed. 

This was nerve-wracking the entire time because life is starting for these young kids and love can complicate matters. I just want everyone to be happy!!! We saw what happened to Margot in book 1 and I was so scared for Lara Jean and Peter. 

I was not happy with the ending. ALL this build-up. ALL this tense....and it just sort of ended. It is left open-ended. I wanted some sort of epilogue. Maybe someday? Someday we'll see what happens to everyone?  I need more!!!!!!!!

Overall, I really enjoyed this series overall. I am sad to say goodbye especially with how it ended. It is open-ended. Until the author writes more I will pretend that everything is rainbows and kittens for everyone...especially for John haha. This wasn't as good as book 1 or 2, but it was still good. I'll give this 3 stars. 










4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review. A new book and author for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh yes, teen life. lol!! I've grown attached to these characters too, bummer it doesn't end all neat and tidy. Maybe they're hoping to have more books? The College Years?? *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only seen the first movie but haven't read the books because I heard this is what happens lol

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP