Monday 16 October 2023

Carole´s Monday: Cupcake bakery Mystery

 


Author: Jenn McKinlay
Title: Sprinkle with Murder
Series: Cupcake Bakery Mystery #1
Genre: Cozy Mystery, Mystery, Chick Lit
Format: Ebook
Pages: 292
Published: March 2, 2010
Where I Got It: Borrowed from library

Summary: 
Melanie Cooper and Angie DeLaura are finally living out their dream as the proud owners of the Fairy Tale Cupcakes bakery. But their first big client is a nightmare. She's a bridezilla who wants 500 custom cupcakes for her wedding.

When Mel stumbles upon the bride-to-be dead-by-cupcake, she becomes the prime suspect. To save themselves and their business, the ladies need to find the real murderer, before the cupcake killer ices someone else.


Review:
The cover drew my eye for a lot of reasons. And then the summary had me excited to check this out. 

This is a cozy mystery that follows Melanie and Angie. They are finally living out their dream as the proud owners of a bakery. However, their first big client is a literal nightmare. She is a bridezilla who wants 500 custom cupcakes. When Mel stumbles upon the bride-to-be dead and dead because of a cupcake she becomes suspect numero uno. To save themselves and their business, they need to unmask the real killer. 

This started off okay. It then lost me. I skimmed and skimmed and finished it. I didn't want to completely DNF this in hopes it would be better, plus I DNFed a book a couple weeks ago so I wasn't ready to throw in the rag yet. Sighs. Maybe I should've....it never caught my attention again. 

The characters felt so 2D and just....atypical. I never connected with our mains. 

The evil bride was meh and you can't help but not care she was unalived. 

The mystery was eh. 

The love interest was annoying. Sorry girl you deserve better. 

Sadly this wasn't really for me, but it doesn't mean you won't like it. Maybe you'll have better luck. 

I'll give this 2 stars. The first three or so chapters were good and I ADORE the title and cover. 







6 comments:

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP