Wednesday 17 April 2024

Birdbox by Josh Malerman


Series: Bird Box (#1)


Format: 381 pages, Paperback


Published: December 13, 2018 by HarperVoyager


Library/fiction horror dystopic





Now this was scary. It even gave me nightmares, yes I am a lightweight. I liked the kind of horror that is not blood and gore. Instead it is the what is out there?!?!?!?! And I do not know what is out there. Damn that is scary.




The world is ending. People see something and go insane. They kill others or each other. And since everyone snaps no one knows that they saw before they did it. Malorie is pregnant and tries to find safety. She finds a safe house, all winds boarded up. Never go out without a blindfold. Never let anyone in before checking. They are shut in in this house. Not knowing. But having to go outside for water and finding food. Claustrophobic as the worlds ends around them, and they do not have a clue.




Like wtf is out there? Why did everyone go insane? Is there safety? Are people still alive in the world? They are isolated and if there are people they are hidden too.




Such a good book, but since my imagination is way too vivid it did make me dream.





Malorie raises the children the only way she can: indoors, with the doors locked, the curtains closed, and mattresses nailed over the windows.



The children sleep in the bedroom across the hall, but soon she will have to wake them and blindfold them.



Today they will risk everything. Today they will leave the house.


12 comments:

  1. I didn't read the book but I watched the movie and thought it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a fan of horror, but I did see bits and pieces of the movie when my family was watching after it first came out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might watch it one day, I hope it is not as scary as the book. I think not

      Delete
  3. I didn't read this book, but the movie with Sandra Bullock was so good!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP