Monday 17 June 2024

Carole´s Monday: Victoria and Abdul


Title:
Victoria & Abdul
Length: 1 hr, 51 mins
Released: 2017
Genre:  Biography, Drama 
Rating: PG-13
Where I Got It: Netflix



SUMMARY:
Queen Victoria strikes up an unlikely friendship with a young Indian clerk named Abdul Karim.



REVIEW:
Been meaning to watch this for forever. I had it on my To-Watch list for years methinks. I needed something different and...light. So here we go. 

This is the story of Victoria and Abdul. They strike up unlikely friendship. Victoria is queen of the British Empire and Empress of India. Abdul is poor Indian clerk who was selected to present the queen a ceremonial coin. 

This was very sweet. Victoria was so ready to just die. Enter in the adorable and kind Abdul to give her a 2nd wind in life. He was happy to impart some knowledge and become her teacher. Simply loved their innocent friendship. 

Bertie and the majority of the staff were gigantic babies and fools. So jealous. So racist. 

I did end up adoring Mohammed! His speech to Bertie and the others had me cheering. Good on you friend. 

The cast was fantastic. The script great. The story fun.

Oooh that ending. It had me in tears. 

All-in-all, I really adored this movie. I loved learning about Abdul and seeing their friendship grow. Def 100% recommend it. 5 stars from me. 


ONE WORD SUMMARY: Charming







1 comment:

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP