Monday 7 October 2024

Carole´s Monday: Never seduce a Scot


Author: Maya Banks
Title: Never Seduce a Scot
Series: The Montgomerys and Armstrongs #1
Genre: Historical Romance
Format: ebook
Pages: 418
Published: September 25, 2012
Where I Got It: Borrowed from library


Summary: 
Eveline Armstrong is fiercely loved and protected by her powerful clan, but outsiders consider her “touched.” Beautiful, fey, with a level, intent gaze, she doesn’t speak. No one, not even her family, knows that she cannot hear. Content with her life of seclusion, Eveline has taught herself to read lips and allows the outside world to view her as daft. But when an arranged marriage into a rival clan makes Graeme Montgomery her husband, Eveline accepts her duty—unprepared for the delights to come. Graeme is a rugged warrior with a voice so deep and powerful that his new bride can hear it, and hands and kisses so tender and skilled that he stirs her deepest passions.

Graeme is intrigued by the mysterious Eveline, whose silent lips are ripe with temptation and whose bright, intelligent eyes can see into his soul. As intimacy deepens, he learns her secret. But when clan rivalries and dark deeds threaten the wife he has only begun to cherish, the Scottish warrior will move heaven and earth to save the woman who has awakened his heart to the beautiful song of a rare and magical love.


Review:
I picked this up for two reasons. One being that it fits into a couple reading challenges and two, one of the mains has a disability and I love inclusion like that in stories. Plus I can't remember the last time I read a HR in Scotland. It was time!!

Eveline and Graeme are our mains here. Eveline is fiercely loved and protected by her clan, but outsiders consider her "touched". She hasn't spoken since her accident. She doesn't speak to anyone including her family. After her accident she lost the ability to hear, but she can read lips, but she is allowing everyone to think her daft so she can avoid marrying a bad man. However, she is forced into a different marriage with Graeme. This is an arranged marriage to try and end war and the clan rivalry. She is intrigued because she can sort of hear his extremely deep voice. 

This took me forever to read. I was moving at a snail's pace. Why? Not sure. The story was interesting enough and I liked the characters. Maybe it was just me? It just felt like it was dragging forever in some spots. 

The love was a little too insta for my liking and some plot points/issues were resolved extremely quickly. However, I did enjoy the simplicity of their romance. Yes, they are being forced to wed, but they are both good people and they are obviously meant for each other. It was sweet. 

Ugh Ian. That is all. 

Screw all the McHughs. Hopefully their actions will fully unite Montgomerys and Armstrongs. 

I am curious about the next book. I believe it is Graeme's brother. Oooooo!

All-in-all, I did like this one. It was very sweet overall even with the issues I had. I'll stamp this with 3 stars. 


ONE WORD SUMMARY: Okay




Challenge(s):
- Library Love #26
- Romance Reading Challenge #25 (Arranged marriage/Marriage of convenience)

4 comments:

  1. I've read a few of this authors books and I usually like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The inclusion part with a Highland romance does sound attraction.

    Sophia Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listened to this one years ago and loved it. Glad to see you enjoyed it overall!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP