Monday 14 October 2024

Carole´s Monday: The Pumpkin Spice Cafe


Author: Laurie Gilmore
Title: The Pumpkin Spice Cafe
Series: Dream Harbor #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Cozy mystery, Chick Lit
Format: ebook
Pages: 286
Published: August 30, 2023
Where I Got It: My shelf (Amazon)


Summary: 
A spicy small-town romance,

When Jeanie's aunt gifts her the beloved Pumpkin Spice CafƩ in the small town of Dream Harbor, Jeanie jumps at the chance for a fresh start away from her very dull desk job.

Logan is a local farmer who avoids Dream Harbor's gossip at all costs. But Jeanie's arrival disrupts Logan's routine and he wants nothing to do with the irritatingly upbeat new girl, except that he finds himself inexplicably drawn to her.

Will Jeanie's happy-go-lucky attitude win over the grumpy-but-gorgeous Logan, or has this city girl found the one person in town who won't fall for her charm, or her pumpkin spice lattes…


Review:
I had a couple of friends suggest reading this recently and it is simply perfect for October. I decided to try my library but the wait for this was 7 weeks!!!! EEEE too long, so I used my digital reward points I have been saving on Amazon to buy the ebook of this. Yayy. 

This is a small town and Jeanie is excited to start her new life after her aunt gifts her the Pumpkin Spice Cafe. Dream Harbor will give Jeanie a fresh start away from her dull desk job and hectic life. She meets a lot of folks, but there is something about Logan. He is a local farmer who avoids Dream Harbor's gossip at all costs. However, Jeanie's arrival disrupts Logan's routine and they can't stop thinking about each other. At the same time....weird stuff keeps happening. Jeanie will have to figure out who or what is going on.

This was simply perfect for the fall season. It made me want to eat all of the pumpkin glaze donuts we got from the cider mill. Nommmmm! 

I loved Jeanie. She was simply so adorable. Logan? He was okay. He annoyed me a little bit with his inner monologue. Yes, yes. I'm sorry your ex sucked but please.....talk to a therapist or something. Jeanie OBVIOUSLY is 1000000% better and ADORES YOU! *shakes fist* Once he got out of his own way I found him tolerable. 

Hazel and Annie were very endearing. Loved them. 

The mystery felt lacking to me. I wish they would've beefed that up a bit. Jeanie didn't seem as concerned as she should've been LOL. I know I would've been on a warpath!!!

The love was sweet and when we FINALLY got to the spicy bits it got really good. It took eons (I blame Logan). 

All-in-all, this was an adorable book for the fall. Very sweet love, a cute town, and entertaining banter. This would make a good Hallmark movie. I do wish the mystery bits were beefed up a bit though. I do want to read book 2 someday! I'll stamp this with 3 stars. 

 
ONE WORD SUMMARY: Sweet







3 comments:

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP