Wednesday, 19 August 2026

The Life Impossible by Matt Haig


Format: 384 pages, Paperback


Published: September 2, 2025 by Penguin Books


Magical realism/library





I have never read Haig before so I did not know what to expect and magical realism was not that.




Grace is a 72 year old widow, and she inherits a house on Ibiza. So she goes there and tries to figure out why her friend from long ago died.




But there is something strange going on in the waters outside of Ibiza. Maybe there is something magical with those lights in the water.




I honestly can not say more so not to spoil it, but it sure took me on a journey I did not expect and I enjoyed it





“What looks like magic is simply a part of life we don’t understand yet…”



When retired math teacher Grace Winters is left a run-down house on a Mediterranean island by a long-lost friend, curiosity gets the better of her. She arrives in Ibiza with a one-way ticket, no guidebook and no plan.




Among the rugged hills and golden beaches of the island, Grace searches for answers about her friend’s life, and how it ended. What she uncovers is stranger than she could have dreamed. But to dive into this impossible truth, Grace must first come to terms with her past.


Filled with wonder and wild adventure, thisis a story of hope and the life-changing power of a new beginning.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am young Finnish woman lost in a world of books.

Publishers/authors:I am open for reviewing books so please contact me if you want your book reviewed.

Look at my review policy for more info
I review from most genres on this blog, and those genres are: fantasy, urban fantasy, YA, historical/+romance, contemporary romance and literary fiction, horror, thrillers. + some other genres read by my guest reviewers.

Disclaimer: Books reviewed on this site are my own, if not stated otherwise. Then they were sent for free by the author, publicist or a publisher. I do not get any compensation for my reviews. I do this all for fun.google-site-verification: googlec45f9c3acb51f8cd.html
Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP