Friday 10 February 2012

Review: The Rogue Pirate's Bride - Shana Galen

Passionate, action-packed Regency romance by RT Reviewer’s Choice award-winning author Shana Galen features the swashbuckling Sebastien Harcourt, marquis de Valere, and the nautical genius heroine destined to best him. After escaping France on a privateer’s ship, Sebastian becomes the notorious privateer Captain Cutlass. His reputation as a rogue precedes him and he’s undefeated in battle, until he crosses swords with the beautiful daughter of a British admiral. Raeven Russell is out for revenge, but now she’s not so sure she wants the dashing captain to change his wicked ways.

Series: The sons of the Revolution #3, Genre: Historical romance, Pages: 384, Published: Feb 7, 2012, Publisher: Sourcebooks, Source: ARC, for review

My thoughts:
Yes this is book 3, have I read the other ones? That would be a no, do I mind? No. Do I want to read the rest, well yes ;) The 2 precious books are about his brothers, and in this one we meet Bastian who thinks he brothers are long dead, but he will of course learn otherwise.

Bastian is a privateer, with a letter from the Spaniards. He is a good captain with a sad past. And oh yes of course I like him. He is a pirate and a French nobleman, what is there not to like? And then he meets Raeven who wants to kill him for revenge as he killed her fiance. But she will be pudding in his hands soon enough.

I do like a couple who does not like each other at first, ok Bastian thinks she is pretty, but she is a hellcat with a sword out after blood. But every side has two stories and so she will learn. She is not your usual kind of heroine either. She grew up on a ship, she knows her way around one and she sneaks off dressed in pants. She is not a pretty little thing that sits at home and drinks tea. She is refreshing and sure she does stupid things but I also know that when she does get into trouble she can hold her own.

There will be a hunt at sea. Clashes between these two, passion and quite the adventure before the story comes to an end. I like the couple and I also got curious about her previous books in this series. These brothers have suffered a lot.

Conclusion:
Be swept way by a dashing privater. Romance, pirates and a couple from two different worlds.

Cover: 
This one I do like :D

-----------------

My flash fic for the week


30 comments:

  1. Oh, good to know you can read the series out of order and not feel lost, even better when the book makes you want to go back and read the previous stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds right up my alley and I like the cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pirates and sword swining heroines?? I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missie
    I do want to see when his brothers got their HEAs :) Must be lovely.

    Naida
    The cover is really good, and look, heads!


    Dana
    Oh yes. All that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good cover, I agree. About the rest, well...I am glad you liked it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I hope you don't mind if I leave my comment here for the Flash Fiction, I can't remember LJ password and the e-mail I used it with. epps. :( I like the idea that magic polluted the air. That was different and Alliandra developed I suppose an immunity until she discovered she can manipulate the magical remnants. Here was my interpretation. Hopping to another interpretation. :D Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh pirates. I don't read much of pirates, but this does sound very good. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes!!! I am so rubbing off on you. I am getting so many people to read out of order. Okay, I know it has nothing to do with me, but hey... I'll take the unearned credit! :D

    This one sounds yummy. I needs to have it. This book had me at "Rogue". ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooooh. Another impossible romance. Well...if I were her I would make it possible for him. ;D Gotta love them sexy, tough, but classy pirates.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *waves to Chris*


    Karen
    It was :)


    Ana
    Oh you would so hate it ;) Because at the end there is a lot of tension since he is noble and she is not.


    Raine
    That's ok :) I just post there so not to crowd this blog.
    I'd love to continue the story and explore why she can use the magic there.

    Happy to read yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melissa
    I do like pirates, which is silly cos they are not good people


    Melissa Book
    You are one evil lady! I should stay away from you. You are making me read out of order and hear this, enjoying it! *gasps* I know I know. Scary!!!!!!

    I love a good rogue ;D


    Carole
    Hear her. A sexy classy pirate, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm getting ready to read this one! glad to hear it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've read the first two and have been waiting quite impatiently for this one. I'm so glad to get it! I know it will be as good as the first two. If you haven't read them, they will pull you in! You've been warned!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds fun! I'm with you, it's always fun when a couple doesn't like each other at first, you just know they are going to at the end! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't realize that there were 2 other books..yikes! But it's nice to know that it won't interfere with my enjoyment when I read it later this month!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know I don't read many pirate books despite loving Pirates of the Carribean! Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I like angsty heroes :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I read the second book The Taming Of A Gentlemen and loved Armand's character. I enjoyed your review. And I didn't read the first book with brother Julian yet so it's a good thing they can be read out of order. :)I can't wait to read Bastian's story and I love Pirates. Thanks again for your review.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds like a fun series. I haven't read any pirate romance but your review makes me want to start here!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Carrie
    I hope you enjoy it too!

    Renee
    Oh I so gotta read the first too. I want to know how they found their loved ones! :D


    Amused
    I like to see them work for it, and of course knowing that they will live happily ever after awlays makes it better


    Staci
    It shoouldn't interfere, at least I did not think so :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mel
    I...hm, I actually haven't read many either thinking of it

    Cherry
    they are the best!



    Carol L
    That sounds good :D I'd love to read his twin's story, and of course Julian's. But Armand, prison, he most be angsty, i like that


    mary
    Pirates are great to read about ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like a good pirate romance so this sounds like it might be a book for me.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Simcha
    Nice to hear that :) I do like good pirates. It took a while to get back to them cos I got scared by this 80s pirate book..make that scarred

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome, I always like a fiesty heroine who can also take care of herself.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm bummed to hear that this is book 3...I didn't realize that and have this one waiting for me on my shelves. It sounds to good though so I think I'll just read it and go back to the beginning later on :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love it when I can read a series out of order. This one sounds like loads of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This one looks cute. I've been wanting to try this author!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP