Thursday 16 February 2012

Review: The Accidental Vampire - Lynsay Sands

Series: Argeneau #7
Genre: Paranormal romance
Pages: 384
Published: February 2012
Publisher: Gollancz
Source: For review
Ever since an accident turned her into a knockout vamp, Elvi Black's been catching her z's in a coffin, staying out of the sun, and giving up garlic. She knows there's more to being undead than what she saw in Dracula, but she can't very well ask her mortal friends about proper biting etiquette. But when her neighbors placed a personal ad for her in the local paper, she never imagined she'd meet Victor Argeneau, a vampire who could have his pick of any woman; dead or alive.

Rich, powerful, and dropdead gorgeous, Victor's the perfect man for a novice neck-biter like Elvi. He's willing to teach her everything he knows, but he'll have to do it fast. Someone's out to put a stake through her new vamp life, and only Victor can keep her safe - and satisfied; for all eternity.

My thoughts:
I do like how fast I read these Argeneau books, I start them, and then I just continue until I am finished. A fast, good book.

It's book 7, but this is a series that you can jump around a bit in. Still book 1 explains the nano thing fully, sure it is explained here too so if you want to, then jump right in and read this one. The book also has a map of all the members in this big family, and this is good.

How on earth Elvi was not noticed before I do not know. Small towns I guess. Yes she is the resident vampire, now that is a nice little town I would like to visit where they are so nice against the undead who craves blood. And this is one of the fun things about this book. Elvi does not know anything about vampires. She thinks they are soulless, likes coffins and all those myths we all know so well. But these vampires are not really vampires and she will learn her lesson. She was nice, because she was so lost when it came to all of this. 

Then we got the hero, Victor, who is old as dirt and comes to town as he is an enforces and Elvi, well she is breaking a lot of laws. But there will be passion, other suitors and someone else in this book will find love too. A story I really liked.

Conclusion:
Fun and light is the word. A nice lovestory about how an accidental vampire finds love.

Cover:
Ok


32 comments:

  1. I do like a series you can whip through too. I haven't heard of this one but I do love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooooOOOOhhhh, i like the cover. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Lynsay Sands! I've read several, but I'll have to try this one

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have to start reading this series, sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Small town girl + gorgeous vampire is something I would certainly read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I have the first book in the series on my Kindle. Do you recommend I read it soon?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still haven't started this serie but one day... But it sounds good and I like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my, that cover just brightened up this rainy thursday :)
    The series sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vivienne
    Suddenly I had read so many pages, in no time at all. There is such ease over the pages.


    Carole
    he is a hottie ;)


    Dottie
    I have read...I think this makes it 3 :)


    Aurian
    You got a lot to catch up on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenny
    Lol, it is quite the combo


    Mary
    If you want fun and light pnr then yes :) Oh and books that you can read fast cos they are just built like that


    Elysium
    I am hoping to read book..9. I want her story


    Naida
    Good to hear :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been wanting to start this series! Good to know that after book one where everything is explained you can hop around a bit. For some reason I like to read out of order sometimes. Like with Kenyon's Dark Hunters. I'm all over the place with that series:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funnily enough a copy of The Accidental Vampire arrived at mine today! I haven't read any of this series but as you say I might start with this and see what I think! Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jenny
    I do like when that is possible. Cos sometimes you just gotta jump around a bit in a series, well with some at least.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mel
    Eeek, i am hope I am true to my word now. I guess I will see later on

    ReplyDelete
  15. A nice paranormal romance = not for moi. I am glad you liked it though! Maybe you should add a vampire or two as residents in your castle?

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds like a fun series ..great review

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's Undressing You With His Eyes Guy!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh yes! I can start this series anywhere? I NEVER do that, but you said I could. That is permission right? ;)

    Oh this one does sound like a good fun series.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh this sounds like a fun quick read for the summer. :) I like that idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another book I'd like to read. This is an author I've been wanting to try and haven't gotten around to.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm not really into vampires but I do love fast and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Okay so read book 1 then I can read book 7? I'm in. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Why I didn't know about this series? This books sounds really fun, exactly as I like them. I'm running to Goodreads to check out this series. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, book 7 in the Argeneau series already? I'm so behind. But vampires are impossible for me to resist so I'll have to add this one to the pile.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ana
    Oh you know my castle has a few vampires in residents. It's a must. Together with werewolf guards.

    Kimba
    It's sure is :)


    Chris
    Lol, glad you knew who it was ;)


    Melissa
    Ahem...oh who am I kidding. I have totally read it out of order too! Yes you have my permission.


    Melissa
    For summer it would be excellent :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yvonne
    I hope you get the chance to try one of her books

    Dana
    Fast and fun can be sooo good


    Alexis
    Yes ;) If you truly want to that is


    BooKCat
    You have never heard of it!? Ok neither have I 2 years ago so i get it


    Missie
    It's the 4th book I have read, and so many more still to read

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like it when a nice vampire finds love!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like the cover. The contrast of the colored print on black and white is eye catching :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. rad review
    this is one of thoae series i'm planning 2 read

    ReplyDelete
  30. Staci
    Vamps need love too :)

    Cherry
    I sure look at it ;)

    Roro
    I hope you enjoy it then

    ReplyDelete
  31. I do have a few of these but haven't made a start and I'm anal about reading in order and I swear I'm not starting another urban fantasy, PR series until I finish the one's I'm halfway through lol

    ReplyDelete
  32. Teddy
    Lol, I used to be like that but these days...well I let some go, those I know can be read out of order ;)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP