Thursday 7 February 2013

Review: Cowboy Tough - Joanne Kennedy


She’s hardly a cowgirl…
Cat Crendall left a successful advertising job in New York to teach art workshops in the wild west. The Boyd Ranch is hardly her dream destination, but if the outing’s a success, the company will send her to more exotic locations.

But once a cowboy…
Mack Boyd was in the middle of the best bronc-riding season of his life when his mother asked for help with an artists’ retreat at the ranch. Mack might be able to ride a wild stallion to a standstill but he can’t say no to his family.
Cat and Mack are complete opposites…but when the ranch is threatened financially, can they set aside their differences and work together?

My thoughts:
Cowboys, if you had missed it, I like them. Why, well do you really need a why?

Cat is a big city girl with dreams. Sure she has her problems, but it's tough trying to bond with your niece, when that niece is mourning. I get that.

The hero is a cowboy, like you did not see that coming, lol. Mack is nice and works hard to keep the ranch going. He used to be a bronc rider and came home to help his mum. Gotta love a good guy.

The story is about Cat trying to bond with her niece. Cat and Mack falling in love, being passionate, messing things up cos of spoilers spoilers. There is also the story of wanting the ranch to thrive and..well other things I can't mention either. But all good things to read about as they brought excitement. 

Conclusion:
A nice cowboy romance. Boy meets girl, and after a few fights things start to happen.

Genre: Contemporary romance / Western romance
Pages: 373
Published: Feb 5th 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Source: For review

41 comments:

  1. I still have yet to read a cowboy romance. How ridiculous is that? *shakes self* I NEED TO READ ONE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooooooooh a hard working man. I do so love them. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked this one up yesterday with a Discover New Love credit. Why? Cause I love me some cowboys too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes cowboys and highlanders are a weakness+

      Delete
  4. Aww, he came home to help his mama. I like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well by god that ranch had better thrive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know, where else will we get our hunks from

      Delete
  6. I don't think I ever read a book about cowboys or maybe one by Nora Roberts, it's possible but it's not really the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hm... so where are these cowboys at IRL? LOL

    I want to see you one day sporting a cowboy hat... and boots. :D Both you and Felicia will get me into these one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes where? We sadly have no cowboys here. Just boring old cowboys

      No boots or hat in sight :/

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a good read, thanks!!

    Popping over from the European Blogger linkup, now following you xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a soft spot for cowboys as well, so this will definitely go on my TBR shelf!

    Thanks for linking up on my European Bloggers unite post. I'm following you via GFC and look forward to reading more of your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cowboys and want to try a few of these sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so love cowboys especially in romances. I have this series in my TBR and hopefully I will get around to them soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do fit great in romances, who knows, maybe I would not like one in RL

      Delete
  12. I don't normally read cowboys, but I do love watching them on tv. :D Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds nice Blodeuedd, one of these days I will read a cowboy romance again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like cowboys too, and you're right, no explanations needed.
    Although that does remind me of something my 4 year old said the other day.
    "Mommy, I want to be a cowgirl when I grow up."
    A few minutes later: "Cowboys ride cows, right?"
    Anyways, great cover and Jake sounds fun.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well it is named cowboy/girl so why shouldn't they all ride cows :)

      Delete
  15. Glad you enjoyed it! Your review made me smile. You need to come to Canada for all of our cowboys.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey you need a few fights before ya get busy and darling you don't need any excuse to love a cowboy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds cute, I like cowboys too. That cover is swoon worthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. How doesn't like cowboys? This sounds like a nice summer read.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP