Tuesday 24 September 2013

Review: The False Prince - Jennifer A.Nielsen

NARRATOR: Charlie McWade
FORMAT: 7 CDs, Unabridged

In a discontent kingdom, civil war is brewing. To unify the divided people, Conner, a nobleman of the court, devises a cunning plan to find an impersonator of the king’s long-lost son and install him as a puppet prince. Three orphans are recruited to compete for the role, including a defiant boy named Sage. Sage knows that Conner’s motives are more than questionable, yet his life balances on a sword’s point—he must be chosen to play the prince or he will certainly be killed. But Sage’s rivals have their own agendas as well.

My thoughts:
The worst thing with an audio book is that I have no idea how to spell anything at all 0_o And with fantasy it can be tricky, but never mind that.

I liked the male narrator, he did a good job. Though why all the poor people had to sound stupid I do not know. Maybe cos they are poor. Still all in all a good voice to listen to.

The story was good too. A noble man gathers a few orphans and will make one of them king. They learn how to act and there are a few plot twists in there too.

Conclusion:
With this being a YA book I also appreciated it not being too long ;)

Cover
Boring

Audio CD, Unabridged
Published April 1st 2012 by Scholastic Audio Books
The Ascendance Trilogy #1
Fantasy / YA
Own

26 comments:

  1. Yes, sometimes the names in fantasy can be difficult, nine times out of ten I just pronounce them how I want..and spelling them..eep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and here...I only heard them? So not mentioning anything ;)

      Delete
  2. I started this on audio too and like you, I enjoyed the narrator, but some review copy came my way and I dropped it for the time being. I should really continue soon.
    Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get the feeling. I only listen to audio 1 hour a day at work cos I am doing nothing right then. Else I would get distracted by other books and such

      Delete
  3. I have this on audiobook but havent' started it yet. I know what you mean about not knowing how to spell stuff, but then on the other hand, I know I would never pronounce it right either. It is that with Hearne's books which you must start right away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....a review is coming soon ;) I will not say anything now

      Delete
  4. I'm running into that with the audiobooks I'm listening to too! I hate that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kinda like that cover. And oh, look, they've changed up the comment area again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks freaky. I got all distracted when commenting somewhere and saw it for the first time

      Delete
  6. mmmm...tired of everything changing all the time. Sigh.

    Buuuuut this sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yes it must be difficult with fantasy I'm sure of it. I've never tried an audiobook yet. I need to do that one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the perfect opportunity for it during the work day :)

      Delete
  8. That is my only complaint with audiobooks. You have no idea how to spell anything. Lol. I'm also not fond of the fact that I can't mark passages. If I'm on my regular iPod I can buy its a pain. Oh well I still love to listen and then I can be busy with other things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also my player is pretty crap so if I miss something then I missed it

      Delete
  9. I've never tried audiobooks and I don't see it happening any time soon. But this sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was like that too but I listen to 1 hour or so a day during naptime at work

      Delete
  10. Not really a fan of audiobooks but I have a copy of the second book so will probably read this one day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL with fantasy it is either I dont know how to spell it or how to say it in the first place with reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, same here, say it..eh, and some do have those how to say it but do I follow? no

      Delete
  12. I enjoyed this one too! Totally with you on not knowing how to spell the names. I actually looked in a hard copy when I was in the store cause I wanted to know what the country names looked like. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP