Friday 3 October 2014

Romance Friday: It happened one wedding - Julie James

After a humiliating end to her engagement, investment banker Sidney Sinclair is done with commitment-phobic men. But when her sister winds up engaged after a whirlwind courtship, she’s thrown in to close contact with exactly the kind of sexy playboy she wants to avoid—the gorgeous best man. She’s stuck with him, for better or worse, until her sister walks down the aisle, but that doesn’t mean she has to give in to his smooth advances, no matter how tempting they are…


Special Agent Vaughn Roberts always gets his man on the job and his woman in bed. So Sidney’s refusal to fall for his charms only makes him more determined to win over the cool and confident redhead. Only what starts out as a battle of wills ends up as a serious play for her heart. Because the one woman who refuses to be caught may be the only one Vaughn can’t live without…

My thoughts:
Step 1
Find a good man

Step
Avoid brother in law's brother, he is not a good man.

Yup Sydney wants a man who can settle down, she has quite the list to prove it. How a man should be, so she does not get stuck with someone who is out of the door in a week. But hey I can understand that, she does not want to date around. She wants to be in a relationship. A screening process is good.

Then there is Vaughn, he does want to play around, and she annoys him so much. But he also wants her. And hey we all know how this will turn out. They will get it on, fall in love and live happily ever after. They just have to get their heads straight. Sydney has to see that there is more to him, and he has to see that maybe change could be good.

Conclusion:
Enjoyable. Cute, passionate. Nice. It even had me laughing.

PS. yes it works as a standalone, I have only read book 2 before

Cover
cute

Mass Market Paperback, 292 pages
Published May 6th 2014 by Jove
FBI/US Attorney #5
Contemporary romance
Own

27 comments:

  1. Screening processes are a must when scouting for a potential mate, so Sydney's a smart woman! Cute cover + story = win/win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I enjoyed this one as well, Julie James books typically never disappoint:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything that will make me laugh goes on my list:) happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad this one had you laughing and that it can be read as a standalone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure bf though I was weird (in the car) but hey he knows me by now

      Delete
  5. I am sure your library has her books ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at laughing. I need more books like this. I will stay away from the brother in law's bro. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not read a lot of contemporary, I realised that when reading this

      Delete
  7. I have this one on my wishlist. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds so cute, and your review was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover art is cute indeed; the rest - not really. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's one I keep meaning to try but never get around to :/ I even have a couple. They sound pretty entertaining :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the sound of this one and I agree ... cute cover

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read this one couple of days ago and liked it. Not my favorite in the series, but it was fun.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP