Thursday 11 August 2016

The Captain's Bluestocking Mistress - Erica Ridley

Captain Xavier Grey’s body is back amongst the Beau Monde, but his mind cannot break free from the horrors of war. His friends try to help him find peace. He knows he doesn’t deserve it. Just like he doesn't deserve the attentions of the sultry bluestocking intent on seducing him into bed...

Spinster Jane Downing wants off the shelf and into the arms of a hot-blooded man. Specifically, the dark and dangerous Captain Grey. She may not be destined to be his wife, but nothing will stop her from being his mistress. She could quote classical Greek by the age of four. How hard can it be to learn the language of love? 

My thoughts:
This was a really sweet romance, and hey, I do like sweet.

We have Jane who loves books, and she is happy being on the shelf, but....she is curious, and she does want people to notice her. Poor Jane, people really do not see her at all.

Xavier is broken and messed up from war. But that was then, now he just wants to move on.

Aww, this book was sweet and funny. Jane wants to try smexy times and trust me, Xavier does not stand a chance. She is out to seduce him, and he will try to say no. But omg, she was so funny, so frank, so out of her league since she really only knew things from books. It was so funny to read about.

Oh and there was this speech...awwwwwww.

I have like two in this series already, good series then.

Conclusion:
Funny and romantic.

Kindle Edition, 206 pages
Published March 2nd 2015 by Intrepid Reads
The Dukes of War #3
Historical romance
Own

33 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun. :) I can practically hear you giggling. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! It looks funny. Maybe I need to read this and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover... that doesn't look like the head that should go with that body. O.O

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need something sweet. Feeling bitter. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last semester of school and work is killing my soul a bit! D:

      Delete
  5. Ha! I'd love to see their encounters, poor guy must've been so flummoxed lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was such a good guy, but she was relenteless

      Delete
  6. Hmmm I'm reading more Historical Romance now, think I'd enjoy this one??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so :D It's supersweet, that means no smex

      Delete
  7. I agree with the feelings of "offness" about that cover. The model looks like she's 12, and that pose does not look comfortable at all.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame really cos the book is good, and that is so not her,

      Delete
  8. I have a couple of hers I think but not read them. The covers are always so awkward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, many self pubbed ones looks so weird

      Delete
  9. You've really sold it to me! Love the sound of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love romances about "bluestocking" heroines! Every book nerd loves reading about other book nerds, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds good and so does the speech.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do love a good mix of funny and romantic...glad you liked this one. I have it on my kindle waiting to be read---need to do that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Funny and sweet is good. I enjoy that when I'm in the mood for it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP