Thursday 4 August 2016

Marked in Flesh - Anne Bishop

For centuries, the Others and humans have lived side by side in uneasy peace. But when humankind oversteps its bounds, the Others will have to decide how much humanity they’re willing to tolerate—both within themselves and within their community...

Since the Others allied themselves with the cassandra sangue, the fragile yet powerful human blood prophets who were being exploited by their own kind, the delicate dynamic between humans and Others changed. Some, like Simon Wolfgard, wolf shifter and leader of the Lakeside Courtyard, and blood prophet Meg Corbyn, see the new, closer companionship as beneficial—both personally and practically.

But not everyone is convinced. A group of radical humans is seeking to usurp land through a series of violent attacks on the Others. What they don’t realize is that there are older and more dangerous forces than shifters and vampires protecting the land that belongs to the Others—and those forces are willing to do whatever is necessary to protect what is theirs… 

My thoughts:
I should have written this yesterday while my blood was flowing and the rage growing. But there was thunder, boo thunder, every time I meant to go on my laptop a new stormfront came. Anyway, this book was truly the best one so far, like when I meant to go pee, 2 hours later I was still reading.

At first I wondered, why the change, see there were more POVS, but for me that worked amazing. We had to see what happened with a other places too. Especially one place. And I liked these new insights.

The rage has died done, but yesterday I was all THE CLEVER MEAT MUST DIE! Omg, the book tore me apart at one time. Yes some humans can be saved, but the rest of those monkeys must die. Painfully too! Rage rage rage!

Humans First and Last are still being effing idiots and being all Humans! F the rest! You stupid sacks of meat. You have not even met The claws and teeth of this place.

So yeah, of course I am team Others, there is really not anything else to be.

I have talked about my rage a lot....
Shit is about to go down! That is the story here.

Still hoping for Meg to hook up with Simon, the time is coming, she is learning how to live, and maybe one day a next step can come. Cos they are so cute. She clueless, he all squeaky toy! Awwwww.

I want to say more but mowuhahahahaha.

Conclusion:
Really the best one so far. I look forward to more...I need more stat.

Cover
they are all too similar


Kindle Edition, 416 pages
Published March 8th 2016 by Roc
The Others #4
UF
Own

39 comments:

  1. Haha! I feel your rage! I HATED the freaking evil humans and wanted nothing more than for them to be eaten!
    I can't wait to see Simon & Meg hookup in the next book. It better happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes, let them be eaten!

      It will happen, slowly, but will...I hope

      Delete
  2. This is my favorite one too. I was raging too, so I feel your pain. That HFL movement just pissed me off. I'm so ready for some romance now. I think Bishop has teased us long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. This is by far, the most satisfying book in the series. The only thing that could've it made it even better is if we'd seen a little bit more of Meg and Simon doing the nasty. Hahahahah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ;) Well yeah of course that would have been nice to see

      Delete
  4. These really do just get better and better. The ending gives me hope between Meg and Simon though :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not want to say anything about it but yes!

      Delete
  5. Glad you liked it , sounds like an interesting book for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! I love this series too and I agree that each book is better than the last. Death to the stupid monkeys!! :-)

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like one that keeps on getting better cos it is rare

      Delete
  7. Clever meat must field! Lol great review!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you have finally caught the bug for this series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup, this is epic! I remember a couple of late nights thanks to this one

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're all caught up! I know the feeling, I need more too. I think I heard that the next book will be the last though D:

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, finally, it was a rocky ride. Especially after book 1, that one was the hardest one for me but I am glad I stuck to it

      Delete
  11. I think these books just get better with time which is amazing, to me. I can't wait for the next one, which will likely be even better than this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh yes good to know its the best one in the series for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. *waves weakly* Hi!!! SOOOOOOO behind......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First week back at work, blergh, Friday!

      Delete
  14. I've only read the first one, need to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I felt this book was by far the best of the series. Like the other three were laying the groundwork for this book. It was heartbreaking and powerful all at once. Who will survive? And the ending, in the lake. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So freaking good!

      Hehe, yes I would have loved to talk about that, but yup good ;)

      Delete
  16. I just adore this series and I'm so so glad you're loving it too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maybe one day! Everyone seems to love them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, it was well written to have all those strong feelings. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP