Sunday 20 August 2017

Carole's Sunday review: A fistful of love

Author: Om Swami
Title: A Fistful of Love
Genre: Nonfiction, Humor, & Philosophy
Pages: ebook
Published: Feb 2016
Where I Got It: My shelf (Given to me by the author/publisher for my honest and unbiased opinion)

Wisdom and Humour from a Monk's Bowl A man was sitting with his friends in a local inn. After a couple of drinks, he asked his friends, "Do you love me?" "Of course, we do," they replied. "So do you know what I need?" No one answered. "If you don't know what I need then how can you say you love me?" To love and to be loved is the most basic human need. No wonder we are attracted to people who give us attention, care about us, and love us. Yet, love also remains the greatest challenge in most relationships. Why? A Fistful of Love is a collection of insightful, thought-provoking nuggets of wisdom appreciated by millions around the world. This book is full of humour and narratives most beautifully woven into learnings of life that will make you stop and think. A must read. Om Swami is a mystic living in the Himalayan foothills. He has a bachelor's degree in business and an MBA from Sydney, Australia. Prior to renunciation, he founded and ran a multi-million dollar software company successfully. 




Not sure why but I really love books like this. I love looking at life through another's eyes. I love learning about other people's philosophy and view on life and everything in it. This was a no-brainer for me to pick up and read. 


I am so glad I read this. This was awesome and I loved it! Lots of wisdom, but it had humor too which made me really like the author. The author seems so wise but also so down-to-earth that the words on the page really struck a chord with me. 



I soaked this book up and all of the pages. The author was honest and made amazing points. Sure there were a couple of points where I had my own opinion and might not change my viewpoint, but it gave me a chance to see something different. 



I think the quote that really struck me was: 



"Life does not know what you want. It only sees what you do. And even if it could understand what you want from it, it is too unattached, too wise, to take you seriously. Have you ever noticed how a split second flies? This is the life we dearly hold, protect, cherish, and cling to for decades."



Life waits for no one.



The little anecdotes made the points really shine. Also, I really think the format and organization of the book made it better. 



In the end, this was a wonderful book. I really connected with this book on a lot of levels and just reading it gave me a sense of calm. The sprinkles of humor made this even better. In a way it symbolized how you should live your life....yes, take it seriously but you need to have some laughs and good stories too. Highly recommended. This gets the shiny 5 star stamp. 




6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this one so much and I like the quote you shared. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a book I would love. The quote you shared is excellent. I will add this one to my list. Great review. Thanks!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this book sounds wonderful and I love being able to connect to a book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that it offered humor as well as insight. It sounds delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you enjoyed this book. It sounds like it has a lot to say.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP