Thursday 15 July 2021

Audio: The girl least likely by Katy Loutzenhiser

Narrated by: Jesse Vilinsky


Length: 10 hrs and 3 mins


Release date: 06-29-21


Publisher: HarperAudio


YA Fiction romance


To review





I enjoyed this one, it was fun, and not so serious that my YA usually is.




Gretchen loves rom coms. I mean who doesn't! I just wish they were as good as before. And she she starts to notice that a lot of things that are happening are totally rom com plots!




She has fallen for her best friend. Something kind of happens where she pretends to be someone else. Right rom com stuff.




The best friend thing, well a crush is a crush. That does not make them right for each other. I cheered on someone else. You will see.  The pretending to be someone else, well it was a reasonable thing to do. Of course she should also have stopped it.




But it was fun, cute and would make such a cute movie, do you hear me netflix!?




Great narration too. Good with young and old voices. And certain parts that took a bit more.






Gretchen has always been more of a “least likely” than a “most likely” kind of girl. So how does she somehow find herself living out every trope from her favorite rom-coms?




The best friend crush: Why is it suddenly so hard to act normal around her childhood BFF, Samuel? Must be time for a...




Makeover(!): Black leather pants and some red lipstick are apparently enough to lend Gretchen the bravado to do an impromptu set at a comedy club and catch the eye of...




The roguish bad boy: Jeremy, the alluring young comic who thinks her name is Sabrina. It might just be...




The perfect cover: a way for Gretchen to escape into her new funny-girl alter ego and figure out who she really is - and what she really wants. But as rom-coms have taught her, leading a double life can only last so long....




21 comments:

  1. Always looking for easy reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds pretty good. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There seems to be a trend of plots knowing they are rom-coms - like wink wink and leaning into it and I've liked them!

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have missed out, I am glad to be onboard

      Delete
  4. Oh, let me know if it shows up on Netflix, I'll totally watch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice easy read it seems. Thank you for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do wish there were better rom coms out there now, too. Hardly any! This sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book made me happy. I laughed a lot and I loved seeing Gretchen come into her own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun and yes I liked her finding herself more

      Delete
  8. Cute! It would be fun to live in a rom com.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP