Thursday 14 February 2013

Review: Lady Eve's Indiscretion - Grace Burrowes


Lady Eve's Got The Perfect Plan

Pretty, petite Evie Windham has been more indiscreet than her parents, the Duke and Duchess of Moreland, suspect. Fearing that a wedding night would reveal her past, she's running out of excuses to dodge adoring swains. Lucas Denning, the newly titled Marquis of Deene, has reason of his own for avoiding marriage. So Evie and Deene strike a deal, each agreeing to be the other's decoy. At this rate, matrimony could be avoided indefinitely...until the two are caught in a steamy kiss that no one was supposed to see.

My thoughts:
Almost all the Windham siblings have found love now. Left are Eve and Jenny. Eve does not want to marry, cos of a secret in her past. This time the secret was good as back then being ruined is not exactly a good thing.

Eve was sweet, she does want more from life, but how to get it? She leaves disappointed suitors in her wake. This goes on from season to season. But we all know she will fall eventually and in comes Lucas, their neighbor. Sure they fight, but something is there. But she does not want marriage and he really needs an heir.

The romance plot and these falling in love is only a part of the book. There is also how Lucas wants to take care of his niece as he promised his sister but the father does not want to let go. And Lucas trying to make some money from his estates. More secrets lie in wait in this book.

Conclusion:
As always the focus is still on Eve and Lucas. It's their book, their love story. Their drama. It's truly about them even with all the other things going on.

Cover
meh

Series: The Duke's Daughters #4, Windham #7
Genre: Historical romance
Pages: 416
Published: Feb 5th 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Source: For review

32 comments:

  1. Not a great cover but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew when I saw the cut-off head on the cover that you wouldn't like it. :)

    Coincidentally, I am wearing my "meh" t-shirt today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes I am so not into headless bodies ,)

      Totally need a meh tshirt

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a sweet book. One where you just want a HEA romance. Sometimes you just need one of those. :) I actually don't mind the cover. Well, the shirtless guy anyway... LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look pretty, but I want the heads. But then I know the heads do cost more,

      Delete
  4. I wonder why they show so much of the woman's face but only his chin and mouth. Strange.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love series where the siblings get their HEA. Nice abs on the guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to Jenny's HEA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great romance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love a story full of juicy secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. That we learn on page one, she had sex at 16 with some idiot

      Delete
  10. Nice review Blodeuedd, I need to start reading this author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) There are a few to choose from now

      Delete
  11. I love characters that are a bit wild! sounds like a fun read for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I normally hate yellow...but I love it on this cover! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do? I like yellow, I do not wear yellow though

      Delete
  13. This sounds amazing, in spite of that dreadful cover. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like a nice historical!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I suddenly seem to be a couple of books behind in this series. I am not really sure how that happened because I do like the books when I read them!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP