Monday 4 February 2013

Review: Once Again a Bride - Jane Ashford


Pushed by her dying father into a marriage with one of his friends, Charlotte Rutherford Wylde finds herself bound to an old man who disdains and ignores her. Miserable, furious, she determines to take drastic action, but before she can confront him, her husband is murdered in the dark London streets. From the moment Charlotte hears this upsetting news, she is subject to shock after shock. Her dead husband has spent the fortune she brought him, leaving her nearly penniless. His will reflects his obsession with the artifacts of ancient Rome, turning her home into a museum. And most astonishing of all, he had an entire family that he never mentioned.

The fashionable Wyldes are as surprised to hear of Charlotte's existence as she is of theirs. To the charismatic Alec she is, at first, just another obligation in his overburdened life. He has to grapple with his dead relative's shady business dealings, an attempted robbery, and a suspicious Bow Street Runner. But it's not long before Alec realizes that there is nothing he would rather do than cherish the entrancing Widow Wylde.

My thoughts:
It was cute, that is what I want to say, it was cute :) Adorable, sweet, yes a cute regency.

Charlotte was married to an idiot who bullied her. And he is now dead (no need to mourn him). She is a bit of a grey mouse a first who slowly comes out of her shell. She did not have it easy, she is very young, and I liked her. She was nice.

The hero, (she is his aunt, lol, don't worry, only by marriage), Sir Alexander is, a bit harsh at times. He has a lot on his plate, but he is kind, that he is. And he does care. Their romance takes times as many other things are going on and I loved that it moved slowly. They were ...on speaking terms, sort of friends and something grew.

The plot here is that Charlotte's husband left his affairs, Oh I can't say too much but it was a mess. And then there is the mystery who he died. There is also a second romance between servants and I liked that one too as we seldom see servants falling in love.

Conclusion:
A cute romance, with a bit of thrill in it.

Cover
Cute

Genre: Historical romance
Pages: 384
Published: Feb 5th 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Source: For review

38 comments:

  1. Very classic romance cover look, that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover and cute with a bit of a thrill sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like that we can see their heads ;)

      Delete
    2. yes..what is this trend with headless characters on the front of books..are we suppose to image our own heads on them? *giggles and thoughts of hubbies head on a rake*

      Delete
  3. Cute is good! The cover is very classic and I have to say I love that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like cute once I a while especially after you read something heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm guessing this is cute. ;)

    Plus, it's true... the servants never fall in love. Love that as a side. You are right... cute! Gotta read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are quite correct in that guess ;)

      I know servants never get to fall in love

      Delete
  6. you know, I asked for a romance book on netgalley, I think you have a bad influence on me, with all these books I see here lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT!? Well wait, I have seen you read romances

      Delete
    2. lol Not really romance/romance. It's always mixed with something else.

      Delete
  7. I liked that line... he died no need to mourn him! I like that his romance has servants falling in love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well he was a complete asshat. Good riddance.

      Delete
  8. Why do all these fathers make their daughter's marry old geezers?? Grrrr

    It does sound really sweet though.

    (& I just saw my blog button on your sidebar...thanks so much! xoxo)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprise! :D

      Stupid fathers, would they wanna marry some old old woman when they turned 18

      Delete
  9. I think I might like this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you enjoyed this cute romance.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds super cute. I love the slow romances FAR better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that is how they should be cos that is real

      Delete
  12. Sometimes a girl just needs a cute romance!

    ReplyDelete
  13. bahaha ... no need to mourn him. What an ass!
    Cute is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a nice read. I'm glad she gets her second chance.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. Hehe, it brought some weird tension, even if his family did not know their uncle had married

      Delete
  16. i have this one on my to read stack this month!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I need to get this one. I like the sound of everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice review, I want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP