Saturday 16 February 2013

Review: My Soul to Take - Rachel Vincent


She doesn't see dead people. She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next.

My thoughts:
Was it as good as her other series? Eh, not really. Sure it was good, I read it fast, but there was not that frenzy to get the next book like with her Shifter books. Still a good light YA paranormal.

Kaylee screams and people dies. Why she does not know. Ok at first I thought it all good, but then it was like come on! Why not tell the poor child who can shatter eardrums. Stupid! Made no sense. Not gonna say why she screams, a possible spoiler even if easy to figure out.

She meets a boy, Nash, insta love (but I can buy it there cos of...things). 

What to say. People are dying, she thinks something fishy is going on and investigates all while figuring out who she is.

Conclusion:
YA PNR. Light. That's all.

Cover:
Oh look, a girl in a dress in a YA cover. 

Final Note.
Lis actually reviewed the first 3 books on my blog back in 2011 and here is her review of book 1

Series: Soul Screamers #1
Pages: 279
Genre: YA / Paranormal romance
Published: 2009 by Harlequin Teen
Source. Own

40 comments:

  1. I actually enjoyed this series a lot - I think maybe because it's very different. I have never read about a girl who has Kaylee's special flavor of different before.

    I hope you'll enjoy the other books in the series, if you decide to read them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, I have never met ..her kind before so that was cool.

      And I did like it, just not as much as her adult series

      Delete
  2. If you decide to read more in the series I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like this series a lot. Maybe first book wasn't great but I think they have gotten better, last two books were really good. Now I'm eagerly waiting for the release of With All My Soul, last book in the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound promising. I am just so meh when it comes to YA sometimes. Same old same old.

      Delete
  4. I have been curious about this series..light in fluffy though? Will you read book two?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to. The problem is not enough to buy so that means never

      Delete
  5. LOL about your cover comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could never decide if I should try these but maybe I should. Not very high on my list though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just nitpicking. It was still good, but sometimes I need more than good to buy more

      Delete
  7. Huh interesting concept....but yeah I have never seen a girl in a dress on a ya novel before 0.0 *total sarcasm* lmao

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read this series yet but I did like her shifter series. Sometimes an easy YA read is just what you need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her shifter series was awesome even if I am still a bit pissed about the end

      Delete
  9. I read this one. It wasn't bad but also not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I literally felt EXACTLY the same way about this book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like it could be good but I don't really think it's my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just as you said. Not as good as her adult series. I couldn't go past the first book - too light for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that I read it fast, but something good is not good enough

      Delete
  13. I love Ms. Vincent's other series, this one's been on my "when I have time" shelf...I think I'll keep it there for now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For avid YA readers I am sure it's good, but YA needs to be more for me

      Delete
  14. Hmm a paranormal creature that shouts when death is near, does it start with a B? Yes, I have watched and watched again all the episodes of Charmed and so I learned a lot about paranormal creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this series seems cute. thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The covers on the majority of these YA books do tend to be the same don't they. I like the color on it though - I'm attracted to color a lot on books. Weird, I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The color sticks out, I admit that. But the rest YAWN. What's up with the dresses? Most NEVER wear a dress in the books

      Delete
  17. I do want to read some books by this author...now where to start?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm up to book 5 and I've enjoyed the series, light and quick and great on audio. I'm looking forward to her other series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really should try more audio, it just takes soooo long

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP