Wednesday 8 May 2013

Review: Black City - Christina Henry


When Maddy finally killed her father, Azazel, she thought his depraved experiment died with him. But now Chicago has been infested with vampires immune to the effects of the sun, and the bloodbath is worse than she could have ever imagined. While the Agency refuses to interfere with other supernatural courts, Maddy is determined to do everything within her power to save her city—wings or no wings. 

But when the leader of the vampires requests that she turn herself in or risk more deaths, Maddy becomes a target for the very people she’s trying to save. Left with no other choice, she turns to Lucifer, the one creature who has the power to help her. But her grandfather’s aid has always come at a price…

My thoughts:
After a long week I need a book that I could enjoy and read in a second and I knew Henry would deliver and so she did.

Vampires running amok in the city! Nahaniel guarding her back! Who is Puck! What is stirring in the area? The agency being a bunch of asses. Yes lots going on and Maddy is kick-ass as always, taking names and getting shot. She has a darkness growing inside her too and trying to deal with it all, while being preggers.

I also wonder if she will find a new love interest and who it will be....

Also Lucifer is scheming and the schemes are totally 0_0

Conclusion:
A fast kick-ass book that left me wanting more. This series just keeps on improving.

Cover
I do like her covers

Black Wings #5
Urban Fantasy
Mass Market Paperback, 288 pages
Published February 26th 2013 by Ace
Own


35 comments:

  1. I like the sounds of this one and I like the cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! CHAOS! Damned vampires...they seem to running amok a lot. hahaha. Great review. Hopefully things have slowed down for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to start this series! So love the sound of it and you know I would enjoy it as much as you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are weeks when I just need a quick book I know I'll love too. This one sounds like it was perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great for that. I was moving, i was stressed, but I wanted to relax and read something short too

      Delete
  5. So being preggers means having a darkness inside! Is she carrying the spawn of,Satan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, but she is related to him so there is where the darkness comes in and yes her hubby was a spawn of Satan too so who knows about the baby in the end

      Delete
  6. Nice to know there are some series which improve and improve...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review, I really need to start reading this series soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the right book for the right time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful! I really need to read book 4!!! Can't wait for this one too now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, read it soon :D Things are getting to be exciting

      Delete
  10. Always fun when a series just keeps getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who is Puck? tsk tsk tsk, you will just have to keep reading :)
    This is a fun fast paced series, and I agree it has perfect covers! Nice choice for an easy afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know how Puck is now..and I am not telling hahahaha

      Delete
  12. Another series I need to read.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cool that this series keeps delivering!! I just might read it!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP