Friday 29 January 2016

Duke of my Heart - Kelly Bowen

Captain Maximus Harcourt, the unconventional tenth Duke of Alderidge, can deal with tropical storms, raging seas, and the fiercest of pirates. But he's returned home from his latest voyage to find a naked earl - quite inconveniently deceased - tied to his missing sister's bed. And he has only one place to turn. Now he's at the mercy of the captivating Miss Ivory Moore of Chegarre & Associates, known throughout London for smoothing over the most dire of scandals. 

Miss Moore treats the crisis as though it were no more serious than a cup of spilt tea on an expensive rug. As though this sort of thing happened on the job every day. Max has never in all his life met a woman with such nerve. Her dark eyes are too wide, her mouth is too full, her cheekbones too sharp. Yet together, she's somehow...flawless. It's just like his love for her, imperfect, unexpected - yet absolutely true. 

My thoughts:
The heroine in this one was awesome. She was so different and could take care of herself, and she was not ton, aye maybe that was why it was so fun.

Ivory helps people with those kind of things that people do not want other people to know about *wink wink* She knows her way around the underworld in London, and she knows the Ton. Even if they pretend they do not even know about her.

Max loves the sea, but Max. Seriously, you left your sister at home with her aunt. And when it came to the aunt, I would be upset with him still. And get it into your thick skull, stay home! Still, I liked him!

So he needs her help because omg what a scandal! Yes really, what a scandal! The only thing I found hard to believe is where she was found, a certain aspect of it...you will see and might get what I mean.

This is not a ball room book, this is the back streets and gaming halls. Oh oh, I liked that friend of hers...he should get a book btw. 

Conclusion:
It was fun and I would read more. 

Cover
nice

Kindle Edition, 352 pages
Published January 26th 2016 by Forever
Season for Scandal #1
Historical romance
NG

29 comments:

  1. I read my first Kelly Bowen book not too long ago and I need more! Definitely adding this to the list:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did read another book by her not long ago, but this one ws even better

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of this one, and enjoy the cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to have a heroine like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a heroine who takes care of herself! Great review!

    Hafsah, IceyBooks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read this author. Sounds like a historical romance I would enjoy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of a fixer heroine It reminds me of a modern story I read about a character with a similar occupation. I'll have to snag this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was not the usual kind of job, but she saw a chance and took it

      Delete
  7. Hmm you've convinced me that this would be a real fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like a strong heroine. New author I would try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh you've perfectly described historical romance for me: "ballroom book". ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. You almost, ALMOST made me curious with this one. And the cover is good indeed. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The heroine sounds fantastic. I confess I have not tried this author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh I really like this author. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP