Monday 25 January 2016

The Bands of Mourning - Brandon Sanderson

The Bands of Mourning are the mythical metalminds owned by the Lord Ruler, said to grant anyone who wears them the powers that the Lord Ruler had at his command. Hardly anyone thinks they really exist. A kandra researcher has returned to Elendel with images that seem to depict the Bands, as well as writings in a language that no one can read. Waxillium Ladrian is recruited to travel south to the city of New Seran to investigate. Along the way he discovers hints that point to the true goals of his uncle Edwarn and the shadowy organization known as The Set. 

My thoughts:
I do love all his books (even if I wish he would focus on one series at a time cos right now I want more of this one, more of that one, that one, that one, that one ..you get the idea).

I also can't give this one the awesome review it deserves since all I want is to run around in a fan girl squeeeeeee. Ha, yes it is so hard to to tell you of its awesomeness.

I really do like Wax, he is so cool. He tries to be a Lord, but he has spent too much time in the Rough as a lawman. But then a Lord can be eccentric, but maybe not this much. But hey I love him.

I like his fiancee Seris because she is just so weird you know. She has a list for everything! And , Wayne, can't like or dislike him, he is a strange one. But a good sidekick to Wax. They all fit perfectly with each other. Oh and then there is the Kandra who joins them for this adventure, yeah, those are weird. You will see.

A fantasy western. A society that is moving forwards. A society with magic and we all know Sanderson has the best magic systems. You will not be disappointed.

Here they must find the Bands of Mourning. Wax wants to track down his uncle. And oh, oh there is something at the end, I was all whaaat? All the things we do not know. Love it.

But, do read the two previous books first, or just all of them. Yes, make that read every book he has written.

Another awesome book by Sanderson. He is always good, and he always surprises.  He is a true master of his craft.

Cover
nice

Hardcover, 448 pages
Expected publication: January 26th 2016 by Tor Books
Mistborn #6, Mistborn - Alloy Era #3, The Cosmere
Fantasy
For review

35 comments:

  1. He's on my list of authors to try this year! I've heard nothing but amazing things about his books, both YA and adult:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just saying I need to read this author. A fantasy Western, sign me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reading his young adult series with superheroes, and want to add an adult one. Do you have a favorite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have book 2 to read from that one :) He also has another nice YA one.

      But most of all I love The stormlight archive series

      Delete
  4. :) *waves* Sounds like fun! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep eyeballing this series, really need to start it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, I hope you will like the one you chose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Western fantasy, I might give this a try even if I don't like western novels at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well do not think of it as a western western

      Delete
  8. LOL, Sanderson does write a lot of series...though I read once that the reason he bounces around so much is that he needs the change of place, which is the only way he can put out so many books. It's okay though, I like them all!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand that, but but I just want them all at once!!!!

      Delete
  9. Surprisingly slight for a Sanderson novel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have authors that I'm reading too many different series and stories from, so I totally get it. But it is also great to have so many books by authors that we love.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds pretty good and your review has me thinking I need to try out the series. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantasy western you say? These are going on the list. :) I get all turned around when a book is too wonderful for words. Glad it was one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with you, I really enjoyed this one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK, next week, when I'm back at work, I'm borrowing one of his books !

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really need to break down and try one of his books.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Maybe this is the year I finally try his books...

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP