Monday 20 May 2019

Audio: A prince on paper - Alyssa Cole



Narrated by: Karen Chilton
Series: Reluctant Royals, Book 3
Length: 11 hrs and 57 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release date: 04-30-19
Language: English
Publisher: HarperAudio
Contemporary romance
To review

My Thoughts
I have no idea what it is this redheaded prince fascination, I mean Harry, come on, not handsome. But for you all who think so then this is a treat for you. A redheaded playboy prince who gets in trouble a lot and whose philanthropist mother is dead. And whose name is Johan.

Johan who has fancied Nya from afar. Sheltered Nya whose dad is a traitor and who told everyone that Nya is sickly and can not do anything. Yes her dad was a real piece of work.

Back to the start. Yes this is book 3 but it works perfectly as a stand alone. She attends her cousin's wedding and I guess that was book 1? And then she has this other friend there and that I do know is book 2 because I listened to a novella about that one.  I do love a good stand alone.

I liked Johan because he did not want to be a playboy prince. He does it all to keep the attention on him and not his brother. 

Nya kept playing this mobile game and as I am currently addicted to one, then hey I get that girl! I liked how she wanted to become something else, but at the same time, there was nothing wrong with being her and she had to learn that.

They meet, they flirt, there is family drama and they live happily ever after. I enjoyed it.

Narrator
I liked her Nya voice and Johan's accent, but the Scottish one, even if I did not hear a lot, it was pretty bad. She had nice distinctive voices and her voice was nice listening to.
Romance always rocks in audio

Nya Jerami fled Thesolo for the glitz and glamour of NYC but discovered that her Prince Charming only exists in her virtual dating games. When Nya returns home for a royal wedding, she accidentally finds herself up close and personal-in bed-with the real-life celebrity prince who she loves to hate.

For Johan von Braustein, the red-headed step-prince of Liechtienbourg, acting as paparazzi bait is a ruse that protects his brother-the heir to the throne-and his own heart. When a royal referendum threatens his brother's future, a fake engagement is the perfect way to keep the cameras on him.

Nya and Johan both have good reasons to avoid love, but as desires are laid bare behind palace doors, they must decide if their fake romance will lead to a happily-ever-after. 

22 comments:

  1. eh... sounds cute and sweet but I am not the biggest fan of books with royals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand royal obsessions at all but I do enjoy this series. And several of you have liked this one.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And since this is my third ;) But then the novellas had no royals

      Delete
  3. Oh this looks interesting. I have been doing more audiobooks and I also enjoy a good romance audio. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I listened to portions of the book and I felt the same about the Scottish accent. It is a good story, even if you aren't a huge Harry fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my head he did not look like Harry so all good ;)

      I know there wasn't a lot of Scottish, but it was weird

      Delete
  5. Sounds good, I have yet to read Alyssa Cole but I will get there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't help but love a hot read-head ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do not really get the Harry obsession either, but I knew it was only a matter of time before it inspires books and characters like this!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not like his brother is getting a book anymore so ;)

      Delete
  8. Just so you know Harry so rocks ;-). Great review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I did think the beard fitted him, all I am saying

      Delete
  9. LOL, yes, some of the royal romances can be rather thinly disguised portrayals. :)

    This is a series that I will get to at some point. Good to know that they can be grabbed out of order if necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear that you mostly enjoyed the narration. Too bad about the Scottish accent, because I do love a good Scottish accent! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. have been blessed with so many good ones and this one was weird

      Delete
  11. I.like royalty news a lot. Guess the colonial spirit lives on but doubt that the book is for me. Pretty cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya, It might be bred into me too

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP