Friday 17 May 2019

Audio: Storm cursed - Patricia Briggs



Audible Audio, Unabridged, 10 pages
Expected publication: May 7th 2019 by Penguin Audio
Series: Mercy Thompson #11, Mercy Thompson World - Complete #16
UF
Own

My Thoughts
Hey, look at me! I did a Mercy audiobook! It did not feel as strange as when I did the last Kate Daniels in audio. I do not know why,  but here, well I felt this was Mercy's voice. This was Mercy's world. It was also my first Lorelai King and I liked everything she did.

And this was such a palate cleanser after another audiobook I read before. I needed this which felt quick and light. 

Trouble is brewing as always. There are goblins, zombies (not your usual kind) and a political meeting. And she will save the day as she always do. Thank to friends. And there are also some consequences this time.

Fun all the way through. Action, sadness, abit of loving with Adam (hey I liked Adam, maybe the narration made me finally truly  warm up to him. Even if my heart is always Bran's- Speaking of him, no Bran! Gods I hate his wife. Rant over).

Great add to this series. This one has not disappointed me so far.

Narration
My first King book! I liked everything she did. Yay



Blurb
My name is Mercedes Athena Thompson Hauptman, and I am a car mechanic.

And a coyote shapeshifter . . . And the mate of the Alpha of the Columbia Basin werewolf pack.

Even so, none of that would have gotten me into trouble if, a few months ago, I hadn't stood upon a bridge and taken responsibility for the safety of the citizens who lived in our territory. It seemed like the thing to do at the time. It should have only involved hunting down killer goblins, zombie goats, and an occasional troll. Instead, our home was viewed as neutral ground, a place where humans would feel safe to come and treat with the fae.

The reality is that nothing and no one is safe. As generals and politicians face off with the Gray Lords of the fae, a storm is coming and her name is Death.

But we are pack, and we have given our word. We will die to keep it.

23 comments:

  1. Everyone seems to really love and enjoy Patricia Briggs' novels. I haven't read any yet, but they sure seemed filled with lots of interesting stuff! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Review buddies! Lorelei King is Mercy's voice to me! I usually do the series by audio even if I have an ARC I'll go back re-read by audio. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it at once :D She really was Mercy

      Delete
  3. I need to read her at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Lorelei King as a narrator too. While I never kept going with this series good to hear you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've still only read book #1. I have the first 4 I think. Still packed somewhere lol

    But now that I'm doing audio (gasp!) maybe I'll catch up that way.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mercy! Her and Norville might be my favorite UF heroines at the moment- not that I'm an expert, but I like both :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL a political meeting. Worse then the others by a long shot for sure

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Lorelei King for Mercy's voice and the story, too. I love the easy enjoyment I get with these stories even when tough things happen. It was interesting getting the new angle with the witches. Zombie mini goats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes exactly, easy enjoyment and action too.
      Oh and the zombie goats lol

      Delete
  9. I love Lorelai King! I started Mercy Thomson in audio, and she not only got me into the series, she pretty much got me into audiobooks in general!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a good one. I've never read Patricia Briggs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you enjoyed this one in audiobook. LK is my favorite female narrator. She makes the book sound like a cast of dozens. And this was a good story!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's been a dragon's age since I listened to an audiobook, but I DO remember that Lorelai King was one of the narrators I really liked. The other is CJ Critt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never listened to CJ Critt, must check it out

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP