Thursday 25 February 2021

Lady Darcy's Bluestocking Club by Rosie Fairbanks

Kindle Edition, 330 pages


Published December 29th 2020


Series: Pride and Prejudice and Bluestockings #2


Pride and Prejudice Variation


Own






My reading lately have been slow, so I started with a PP novella, and now I read a PP book. I truly needed something that I can finish fast and enjoy.




Yes I admit, this was book 2, and yes I could read it without knowing, but I am so curious about events! Like how Lizzy and Darcy fell inlove here. Why Darcy does not speak to Bingley or Fitzwilliam anymore?! How Jane ended up marrying a Duke! How Kitty married Wickham, and Lydia is preggo by him, damn, scandal!




Though it was not as sweet as some. The Ton is right bastards towards Lizzy. Calling her a harlot, not just cutting her, but saying mean things, men and women whispering. Because they all think she seduced Darcy so he would marry her. She has a hard time. He has a hard time. But they do have each other.





And then at the end something happens, not to them, but something, and oh, now I want book 3 (which is not out), but I am so curious! I want to write spoilers but can not *sobs*




PP books always makes me happy






The newlyweds, Lord and Lady Darcy, struggle to take their proper place in London Society amidst rumours surrounding their rushed wedding. The present gossip is nothing compared to what would follow should anyone discover their secret. Their dreams of reforming the Bluestocking Club would shatter.




Insult after insult leaves the new bride terrified that she cannot fill her predecessor's shoes and that she will lose Darcy's love if she cannot charm London.





Easing the path of acceptance for Elizabeth proves arduous for Darcy after the betrayal of his two closest friends and past demons come back to haunt him.





Beset on every side, scandal breaks out, challenging everything they have come to hold dear.




10 comments:

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP