Friday 10 May 2024

Audio short: Triangle at Rhodes

A Hercule Poirot Short Story


By: Agatha Christie


Narrated by: Hugh Fraser


Series: Hercule Poirot Mysteries


Length: 49 mins


Release date: 10-14-21


Historical mystery/storytel.fi





I do prefer Marple, but always when I look for short stories Christie is the only thing that shows up, and I liked the cover for this Poirot one, oh well.




It was short. Well narrated. A voice a bit too soothing though, not so good when you are sleepy.




I wish my audio subscription site had an easier way too look for short stories, or had more! I always come back to these







This electric short story begins in October on the island of Rhodes, a veritable paradise of privacy, beauty and calm, or so Hercule Poirot has imagined.




The reality is quite startlingly different. The idyll is disturbed by the arrival of famed Chanel beauty Valentine Chantry, and a ripple of malice is felt across the island. Captivated by her wiles and immaculate good looks, one young married man falters, closely watched by Valentine’s brooding husband and the watchful eye of Poirot.




Amidst the heady pink gins and close quarters, Poirot senses that someone has murder in their heart, and he guesses right....


14 comments:

  1. Yea for short mysteries! I should start listening to more Christie titles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got on a Christie kick a few years back and listened to all the Poirot Short Stories that year.

    Sophia Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugh Fraser is the actor who plays Captain Hastings in the film adaptations with David Suchet. My favorite Poirot. I've listened to other Poirot's he's narrated and I liked him. Must look this one up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Short stories can be so hard to find, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They really should make it easier

      Delete
  5. I've been meaning to read an Agatha Christie book for so long now! I'm probably going to opt out of the audiobook though, since I get sleepy pretty easily. :)

    💖 aimee @ aimee can read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah then these short ones are perfect

      Delete
  6. Thank you for sharing. I’m loving audio these days.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poiroit is a classic for a reason, though I typically find the books to be pretty hit or miss.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP