Genre: Drama, Docudrama
Rating: PG-13
Where I Got It: Peacock
Rating: PG-13
Where I Got It: Peacock
SUMMARY:
In the tense 72 hours before D-Day, General Dwight D. Eisenhower and Captain James Stagg face an impossible choice--launch the most dangerous seaborne invasion in history or risk losing the war altogether.
REVIEW:
I had heard that Brendan Fraser was playing good ol' Ike Eisenhower. Love this actor, and I am addicted to WWII. So when this popped up on Peacock, I had to check it out.
It is 72 hours before D-Day. Captain Stagg and General Eisenhower will face an impossible choice....when to launch the most dangerous seaborne invasion in history.
Being a nerd, I knew why D-Day was delayed, and it is just facts. I never really knew the behind-the-scenes of this decision. I loved that they showed this part of the war. Not all heroes wave a gun around or are the face of an Army. Some heroes are nerds who are meteorologists.
I'm glad we didn't get stuck on the details of the science. I wouldn't know anything, and I feel like if it was too science-y, you would lose some of the viewers. We want the drama. The decisions. The war.
I liked the cast overall. They fit, and they all did well. I did have issues with Fraser acting "angry". It just didn't land quite right for me. Maybe it is because he just has such a kind face. LOL. Other than that, I think he did an excellent job as the man who is larger than life. Eisenhower was brilliant, but he knew he didn't know everything. That is why he was such a great leader. Leaders don't know everything. They rely on their team to help. Beautifully done.
Honestly, I would watch this again. This was really good.
If you like WWII films, you'll like this. This is just another story and another POV that helped with the war efforts.
I would say 4.5, but I rounded up because I'm a sucker for WWII and Fraser. 5 stars.

























I haven't seen this one but it sounds good.
ReplyDeleteI have this on my future watch list. I'm so glad you liked it.
ReplyDeleteSounds interesting. I'll have to check it out.
ReplyDeleteThanks Carole š
ReplyDeleteThis sounds like a movie I'd enjoy! I'll add it to my list.
ReplyDelete