Sunday 13 March 2011

Review: Bite Me if you Can - Lynsay Sands

One minute Leigh is walking home in the early hours of the morning, and the next a vampire is sinking his teeth into her neck. Turns out it was a rogue vampire marked for termination, but it does Leigh little good because the damage's already been done. She's become one of THEM.

Lucian Argeneau, hunter of rogue vampires, has been alive for over two thousand years, and there's very little to excite him anymore. Food has become tasteless, sex is ordinary. Then Leigh drops into his life. Suddenly he finds himself craving coffee...and imagining the sassy brunette stop the black satin sheets on his nice big bed. It's Lucian's job now to enlighten Leigh on the inner workings of being immortal...and tutoring her is igniting a fire in him that hasn't burned in centuries. But until they stop a renegde bloodsucker from destroying the human race, passion will have to wait.


My thoughts:
Another good and light Argeneau vampire novel. I truly like that about this series. And once again, this one can easily be read as a standalone novel. I have only read 3 out of 6, but it works. There is a new couple  in each, and the whole vampire thing is explained to the newbies.  Trust me on this.

In this one a woman, Leigh is out walking and gets attacked. Luckily for her Lucian comes to the rescue as he is hunting down her attacker. Since she is bitten he explains things to her *coughs*, ok he tries, he calls in help, and he is pretty bad at the whole thing. That is what I liked most about him, for someone among the oldest in the world (talking BC here), he is pretty bad at certain things. He is the grumpy grandpa that has given up on sex and food, since why bother at all. What can I say, I liked him, especially in one scene where he buys books about how to talk to woman. Leigh then, well she comes to term with the whole vampire/nano thing pretty fast. But she has been hurt by a man in the past so she is not that keen on falling in love, or lust with anyone.

These books are light, there is some humour, and there is some passion. I just sat down and read it fast, and I do like books like that. You can just relax, sit back and read a cute story about a couple falling in love. Though as always there is some danger in them too, here it's the guy that bit her and he will be back at the end.

What next, well I would really like to see Marguerite's book. That would be fun (nr 9 it seems ;)

Conclusion:
The whole vampire thing is still interesting, I do like the story of Atlantis and how "vampires" were created. The lightness and humour in the books make them fun reads. Cute and fast.

Rating:
They are enjoyable

Reason for reading:
Wanted to read more


Cover: 
I am not a fan of them, but they are nice, cos that guy is hot


Info
Series: Argeneau 6
Genre: Paranormal romance
Pages: 368
Publisher: Gollancz, February 10th 2011 (re-print)

22 comments:

  1. You know, I got interested almost contrary to myself! I should have stopped visiting or what (anachornist returns to her grumpy corner and mutters something darkly).

    Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds good! Lucian sounds like a great hero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of Sands' books but if they can stand alone I may try one. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to read you are still going strong with the vampires.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like sands' historicals, i haven't read any of her paranormals though. the historicals are always really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so need to pick this Argeneau series! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep..he's pretty hot. I'd stay in this world a bit longer too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The new covers trouble me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Ana
    *stares in disbelief*
    I think I need to sit down. You got interested..wow, score one for me :D

    @Naida
    He was, and I did like that he was so, lol, old

    @Mary
    I liked that about the ones I have read. Sure it's nice to read in order, but I do like that if I must, I can pick and choose

    @Vivienne
    I was kind of over them there for a while but now I am back

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Carrie
    I really should try her historicals and see what they are like

    @Cherry
    I am sure you would enjoy them

    @Staci
    I like the beard, well almost beard ;)

    @Chris
    They take some time getting used to

    ReplyDelete
  11. These sounds so good! Wish my library would get those because if it's good I don't wanna buy all of them :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been reading your reviews on thei series and each one makes me want to read it more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, I need this one. Just because he has to buy books on how to talk to women! Oh that sounds so fun! lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, these do sound like fun reads. :) And I have to say I love his eyes on that cover! lol. Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yup. That guy is hot. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Elysium
    There are sure a lot of them by now so I get the feeling

    @Jenny
    I am glad to hear that. I do seem to enjoy them more and more

    @Melissa
    Hihi, I love that part. I was just so old that some things were not so fun any more..until he met Leigh

    @Melissa
    They are so green...sooooo green, loving them

    @Julie
    I'd take him home ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read anything from Lynsay Sands yet, somehow she just doesn't appeal to me. But nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Still haven't had the chance to get a Sands book under my reading belt - but it's definitely on the "to-do" list! I do enjoy that title! Clever & cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Aurian
    Been there, some books are right, some are not :)

    @Mishel
    The titles are so fun aren't they ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Not sure about this one - doesn't really grab me and I'm not too fond of that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  21. These really do sound like fun books. I think I might have to pick one up and check it out. I also enjoy the series that you can read as standalones...of course when I really like one, I normally read all of them, but it's still a nice option.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Darlene
    They can't all be winner :( But perhaps the next one

    Deanna
    I do the same of course (most of the time), but now I just read what I had :D

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP