Tuesday 1 March 2011

Review: Wild Desire - Lori Brighton

Genre: Historical paranormal romance
Pages: 320
Published: March 1st 2011

FIRST HE DROVE HER MAD
In what feels like a moment, Beatrice Edmund goes from being a proper lady cooped up in a stuffy Scottish castle to traveling miles from anything she’s ever known, in the midst of the wildest adventure of her life. And at the center of that adventure is the most infuriating, puzzling scoundrel on earth. She cannot take her eyes off him.
THEN HE DROVE HER WILD
Colin Fitch cannot deny he’s drawn to Beatrice—but lust is all he could possibly feel for the sharp-tongued minx. Still, if there’s a chance she can help him stop the madman he pursues, he must withstand her obvious disapproval. Yet withstanding the longing he feels for her is growing more troublesome by the second… And Colin has never been terribly good at staying out of trouble…


I read this book a couple of months ago and finally, review time.Will try to make this old review into the new format ;)

Plot:
Leo and Ella, the couple we met in Wild Heart is back, well sort of back. They went to India in search of a statue, and answers. With them went Leo’s cousin Bea. The book starts with a bang, Bea in her room when a stranger appears, Ella’s cousin Colin. And they are in for a rocky start, she dislikes him and he thinks she is so English, all prim and proper. But soon they all must leave. There is danger concerning the statue and they are not the only ones looking. Little by little Bea and Colin are brought closer and closer together.

My thoughts:
It was fun to see Leo and Ella again, even if they were just introduced before they went away. This is Colin and Bea’s book after all. Colin is all American; he is used to being on his own and always moving around. Not to mention that just like his cousin, he too has a power, one hard to believe. Bea is nice, innocent, and she questions things a lot. But soon she sees the beauty of India and becomes quite the adventurer.  They are so very different from each other, but thrown together in a time of turmoil they find comfort in each other.

This is a paranormal romance, and the paranormal comes from that Colin, and Ella have got powers. And as it shows in this book they are not the only ones. The statue they look for is supposed to hold riches, and a key to this is are the rings that they have in their possession, or had.

One does not have to read Wild Heart to understand Wild Desire; it starts as its own book and explains the things that need to be explained to follow along. Of course it’s more fun to know what happened back in England with Ella and Leo, and how this whole journey got started.
Colin is a sweetheart, he may not even act like that, but his heart is so big, and I realize how big after reading on. He is also very wounded by the past. Bea may be different in the way she acts but she also has wounds, from being exiled to Scotland with her grandmother. For them to be together seems impossible, she is destined to marry a man of wealth and title, and he has nothing. And there is the desire, it’s wild, and it gets only wilder as you read on.

Recommendation and final thoughts:
This book is all it promised to be, it has passion, adventure as they escape through India, danger, evil villains that only wants power and money, and a couple who doesn’t know how on earth they will stand each other in the beginning.

Reason for reading:
I wanted to know more

Cover:
Ok, but, not a fan of the background

Ps: In 2,5 weeks I will hold an international giveaway for this book so stay tuned ;)


20 comments:

  1. If there was more adventure I could be tempted but the cover is ghastly and puts me off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your review, I read Ella's and Leo's story and totally forgot about this one, writing it down as a must read now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo wild desire that just gets more hot and intense as the pages turn?? This sounds like a read right up my alley. And I love this cover. I think its incredibly romantic. I'll be staying tuned for your giveaway of this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good! I have wild heart on my shelf to be read. thanks for the great review, looking forward to the contest woohoo!

    http://inthehammockvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ana
    don't me afraid of the fluff Ana..oh no, did you run away and hide ;)

    @Marissa
    Then I am happy I got to remind you that there is more.

    @VFG
    There is passion promised :) I do like the cover, but I just wished they had a real background

    @Carrie
    I hope you enjoy Wild Heart :) And am glad to have a contest too soonish

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one sounds like it has it all! What a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have me wanting to read this genre. This one sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. While I'm familiar with this author I don't think I've ever read any of her books. I'll have to give them a try, see if I enjoy her writing style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Amused
    It's HR that takes you a bit further along, adventure and magic :)

    @Naida
    I haven't read much in this particular subgenre but they are fun

    @Simcha
    She has a couple of different ones out there that you can have a look at :=)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not liking the cover either. I'ce read Lori Brighton's YA title so might try some of her adult romances one day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh good. I've been curious about this book and it looks like a good read. Thanks for the great review and the upcoming giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great review! I'm eager to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shouldn't we be able to see a corset or something peeking out to make that cover realistic? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not usually into the romance reads, but this one does sound fun. :) So glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't read such books. But I might give this a try. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really wish they would rethink the covers..so many times I judge the cover and go..ugh so not me, but your review makes me want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Jenny
    They are of course different since they are adult book, but the writing is still there :)

    @Melissa
    There is just something about a historical set abroad. So much more can happen

    @Edie
    I am sure you will enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Chris
    Well it was hot there so she might just have taken those things off..can't remember now, and they did have to flee without anything at all ;)

    @Melissa
    I do enjoy HR, all those HEAs just makes me so happy :D

    @Micha
    No HR for you? Why not? They are so fun ;) Lol, but yes I get it, I have some genres I do not read either

    @Staci
    And that is why I am here, to diss or love covers and tell you all what cn be found beneath them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love heroes with the name Colin! Sigh. This sounds good. I'm so glad I won a copy of one her books from your blog so that I can give her a try. I just need to find the time to read it.

    Agreed that the blue backdrop should have been something else. It made the cover plain.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ing
    Lol, really? I am more of a Connor myself, can't remember why any more.
    I hope you like the book you won :D

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP