Wednesday 21 December 2011

Review: Christmas in Lucky Harbor - Jill Shalvis

Series: Lucky Harbor 1 and 2
Genre: Contemporary romance
Pages:  684, print
Published: Nov 1, 2011
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Source: netgalley

Simply Irresistible
After losing her boyfriend and her job, Maddie leaves L.A. to claim her inheritance-a ramshackle inn nestled in the little town of Lucky Harbor, Washington. She sees the potential for a new home and a new career-if she can give the inn the makeover it needs. Enter Jax, a tall, handsome contractor who knows exactly what Maddie needs...

The Sweetest Thing
Helping her sister set up the family inn is just the thing to make Tara forget her ex-husband and focus on her new life. Until she meets a sexy, green-eyed sailor determined to keep her hot, bothered, and in his bed. When her ex reappears, Tara must confront her past and decide what she really wants.

If the sisters are lucky, they might just find that everything their hearts desire is right here in Lucky Harbor.

My thoughts:

Simply Irresistible 
Two books in one, now who can say no to that. Therefore I will also try to make this a bit shorter. 

Maddie comes to Lucky Harbor to take over an Inn. She meets her sisters again too. Together they are the Steel magnolia, the wild child and the Mouse. And yes poor Maddie is the mouse. She has taken some crap in her life and it was nice to see her learning to stand up for herself in this one. She grew stronger. 

In comes Jax, the hottie on a motorcycle. Oh yes sparks fly there at once, but Maddie has been hurt and always takes a step back. Which makes sense, but I also liked how Jax did not give up. He took his small steps forward and showed her that he wanted more. I do like a man who knows what he wants. 

The chemistry between these two are sizzling and there is a lot of smexing going on in this book that is so sweet. The chemistry between the sisters also works well, and I do want to read their stories next. 

I liked the book and it was just sweet you know (and hot). I closed it with a smile. 


The Sweetest Thing 
In the second book time has passed and it is now summer. Tara is trying to make the inn work, she is bonding with her sisters and avoiding local hottie Ford. I knew at once why there was tension between these two in book 2 so the answer sure did not come as a surprise. But I guess not everything needs to be a secret. 

Tara is the uptight one, but she is not nearly as uptight at people think. She felt normal. She worried, she was human. The love interested, Ford, is a nice guy who really wants her. And it was nice seeing these two struggle to make it work. It was not easy considering. 

But I think what I liked the most was the local gossip who had a facebook page and the news about Tara and Ford was all over it. It had such a warm small town feeling that you just wanted to visit and never leave. 

The triangle, oh that I did not see at all. Her ex comes to town and wants her back. Not  that I never felt he even tried, and that I would have liked to see. So there really is none, this is about Ford and Tara and there lovestory, and the hot passion that burns between them. Yes they do get around. 

Sweet is the word, I really can'y say much more than that. Sweet :) A feel-good book.


Cover: 
Cute


*happy* I can't wait!


22 comments:

  1. Okay, when you say Jax shows up on a motorcycle, all I can think of is that show Sons of Anarchy. And Yes, he is a hottie!

    Both of these seem like really sweet love stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read a Jill book. I've been looking at them. Sometimes even I like a feel good book without a lot of paranormal stuff flying at your nose and near missing. Perhaps I should give them a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missie
    Lol, I did try one SoA ep but but it was not for me, I guess this girl just do not like bikers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa
    I felt the same way, I had to read a book by her and now I got two :D

    It's nice to get down to the basics now and then, without weres and vamps

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like sweet books this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this and want to read it soon. I like sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to catch up on Jill Shalvis' books. I'm so far behind and this series sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a sweet romance! These sound like fun, quick reads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a comfort read that I would like. I love getting multiple stories in one when they are well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bermuda
    I like it too :)


    *waves weakly back to Chris*



    Mary
    I hope you enjoy it too :)


    Yvonne
    If you like her other books then I am sure you will like this one too


    CE HArt
    They sure were, and just what I needed


    Alexis
    That is the best

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never read a Jill Shalvis book. These two sound like lighthearted, fast reads. Perfect for over the holidays. I like that you get two books in one!

    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you liked it, as I have won this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes sweet reads hit the spot and make for nice, light reading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never read Jill Shalvis before, maybe this book is a good place to start :)

    Ohh... my precioussss!! Something to look forward to... :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fairday
    It was fun :D And since I got an ebook it was not a big book either, in size at least


    Aurian
    Yay, enjoy!


    Darlene
    I do need sweet and nice sometimes, I truly do


    Cherry
    I am over the moon! I got goosebumps and everything listening to that song. I can't wait! But a year! I will perish in teh fires of Mount Doom

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a lovely Christmas two for one treat!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds like a cute series.
    I enjoy feel good reads too.

    The Hobbit looks fantastic!! That's one of my fav books and I love LOTR too. I wish Elijah were playing Bilbo tho :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Naida
    Nah, it is for the best. I would not want him as Bilbo as he is Frodo, always

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet is good every once in a while!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP